which pedals to buy???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hawaiian, Dec 21, 2005.

1. hawaiian

hawaiian Member

hello everyone,

i am currently putting together a pedal board and feel that i need one or two more pedals to complete it. The type of music that i need this pedalboard to cover is pretty diverse, (hawaiian, jazz, r&b, top 40, blues, & classic rock). That being said i guess i need to find an overdrive pedal or pedals that will help me produce tones/sounds from, SRV & Robben ford, to steve lukather and mike landau. so i don't need no death metal pedals. I've been reading the posts here and kind of narrowed it down to the zendrive, eternity, hbe power screamer, mosferatu, & the menatone fish factory, but not limited to these if you guys have other suggestions. i already have some pedals and would like the next two pedals to either replace or compliment what i have. the gear i have are as follows:

tom anderson hollow classic w/ suhr v60s in the neck and middle and dsv in bridge.

amp is a carr rambler 1x12 combo

pedals: fulltone wah, ernie ball volume pedal, rc & ac booster, ocd, analogman clone chorus, boss dd20 delay.

your help is greatly appreciated. i am getting some pretty good sounds with this setup but feel that i am missing that certain something that maybe one or two of these other pedals can bring to the table.

thanks for all your help.

chris

2. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

zendrive or eternity. both excellent choices

3. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

this describes the Zendrive to a T !

4. Layne-o

Layne-o Silver Supporting Member

May I suggest a good ole TS9 or TS808? Perhaps a mod by Robert Keeley or Analogman would work? I'm just thinking of cost-effective alternatives to liken of SRV’s sound.

5. hawaiian

hawaiian Member

so far im thinking of keeping my rc booster and adding either the mosferatu/zendrive combo pedal or the zen drive and the eternity.

does the combo pedal sound just like the individual pedals.

thanks

6. hawaiian

hawaiian Member

thanks for the reply, how much does this pedal cost cuz i don't see it on their website, and should i put the rc booster in front or after it.

also do you think that the eternity would work well with these pedals also.

thanks,
    chris

7. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

MI audio BLUES PRO!!! You gotta try it to believe it!

8. hawaiian

hawaiian Member

cool i'll give him a ring, thanks again for the replys

thanks,
    chris

9. Ned

Ned Member

i just got my eternity and have a zendrive and rc booster on the way so hopefully they get here soon so i can try it out a little bit, seems similar to what you are looking for

10. hawaiian

hawaiian Member

cool could you keep me posted on what you think of this combination.

thanks,
    chris