• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Which pedals were instant keepers for you, no drama, no doubts?

Improbable Joe

Double Platinum Member
Which pedals did you buy, that you still have, that you instantly knew that yes, this was for you and it's going on the board. No drama. No doubts. No second guessing, etc?

For me...

Belle Epoch Deluxe - this is the way delay sounds in my head. From Van Halen to the Dead Kennedys, Echoplex is the way I like it.
Greer Lightspeed - Low gain perfection. I wouldn't dream of replacing this with anything else.
Catalinbread Talisman - Plate dialed in as it should be. Smooth, smooth, smooth, very reactive, gets the heck out of the way when you tell it to.
SurfyBear Metal - Surf's Up. What else is there to say. Does much more than surf, but surf it surely can.
Xotic SP is another one for me...unfortunately, I sold my first one, but it was more of a case of needing the money at the time, and when I could get another, I did.
Most recently the JHS AT+, it is just exactly the sound I have always wanted, and sounds just like the demo videos. Really happy with the Keeley Dark Side, it's got the only fuzz I've ever found useful.

Alabamarama

Caroline Meteore and OBNE Darkstar.

Both give full on post rock vibes. Not the most normal Reverbs, but their character is what I love most.

The Meteore can do a conventional spring verb, but the gain knob is too much fun. The mix knob combined with the octaves and 3 modes on the Darkstar keep me busy all day.

I could get by with just these and a big muff.

Last edited:
Which pedals did you buy, that you still have, that you instantly knew that yes, this was for you and it's going on the board. No drama. No doubts. No second guessing, etc?

For me...

Belle Epoch Deluxe - this is the way delay sounds in my head. From Van Halen to the Dead Kennedys, Echoplex is the way I like it.
Greer Lightspeed - Low gain perfection. I wouldn't dream of replacing this with anything else.
Catalinbread Talisman - Plate dialed in as it should be. Smooth, smooth, smooth, very reactive, gets the heck out of the way when you tell it to.
SurfyBear Metal - Surf's Up. What else is there to say. Does much more than surf, but surf it surely can.
Xotic SP is another one for me...unfortunately, I sold my first one, but it was more of a case of needing the money at the time, and when I could get another, I did.
+1 on the SurfyBear Metal. Love that pedal.

KiddBilly

Lovepedal Valve Reamer - Best tube screamer-style pedal I've ever used. Just put it back on my board yesterday for a couple shows this weekend, and for good reason.
MXR Carbon Copy - I'm on my second one now as my first got stolen a few years back. If hadn't been for that, I never would've needed a second one because I would've never parted with it. Great sounding, simple delay.
Nobels ODR-1 reissue - Best low gain overdrive pedal I've ever had that wasn't a straight tube screamer copy.
JHS Pollinator V2 - Fuzz face with a bias knob and a lot more versality. What else is there to say?
Analog Man Sunface - Not mine, but I've used it quite a bit for recording. Best silicon fuzz I've ever used (the JHS is germanium)
Xotic EP Booster - Got rid of it a long, long time ago and totally regret it. When I did have it, I never had a problem with it. Great boost

juxtapolice

the first 3 are my board, great together
Agreed. The effectrode is a simple tube boost/pickup boost I initially got to bump the out on an old Harmony but now I just leave it on all the time, just sounds great. I can do a gig with that trio though, perfect warm/vibey goodness

douglaswarren

Silver Supporting Member
Strymon Iridium - I'm no fanboy, I've sold most of my Strymon pedals. But I was immediately floored by the quality I can get for silent recording at home, when I can't crank an amp. By far my favorite purchase of 2020. Maybe a Fractal or Helix sounds as good or better, I haven't tried them, but I really appreciate the size and ease-of-use of the Iridium.
My experience with the Iridium as well. I did a lot of swapping and selling this past year, including getting rid of my Kemper and I do not miss it all all and actually enjoy the Iridium so much more. Definitely one of the best gear purchases I’ve made in recent memory

And I’ll add the Strymon Riverside. Haven’t seen it listed on here yet, but it’s the only overdrive pedal I’ve used that I could immediately dial in the tone I was looking for and then double it

Arrowhead

BD2 - Haven’t found anything that can beat this so far for drive.

Carbon Copy - I was on the fence about getting a “dark” delay after using digital for so long. I’m glad I did.

DD8 - So many quality delays in one box. I like it a lot better than my previous DD3 and DD7. The tape mode alone is great.

5150user

Boss DD7 Delay

It does exactly what I want it to do. Oddly enough, I always set it to its Analog emulation.

Gera RG

Silver Supporting Member
Strymon El Cap - My oldest pedal, always in love with it. Still finding new tricks.

Chase tone secret Preamp - Once you turn it, you never come back

P.C. Tim - now I get why it is so hyped! Richest drive ever.

VFE Alpha Dog - The distortion in my head. Never will let it go.

Mr Black Bloodmoon - Don't have it at hand right now. One trick Reverb buy oh what a trick.

Skreddy Lunar Module - always present on my leads. Very versatile and present.

Basic Audio Throbby - kicked other feature-rich Tremolos i had based on pure sound. Even as a clean boost it is the best boost I ever heard. Don't know what John Lyons put there, but it is magic.

Jam Retro Vibe - Doesn't use it too often but when I do, it gives me a smile.

whackystrings

Kingsley Jester and Page, Empress Compressor, Boss RE-20, Digitech Luxe, Dawner Prince Boonar are among a very small group of pedals that -once they land on my pedalboard- instantly are put to full utility and are not under any threat of removal (unlike a lot of others that go through rotations and, for many,are sold off).

Trending Topics