Which Pedaltrain?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stratman89, Apr 24, 2016.

1. stratman89

stratman89 Supporting Member

I've started playing in a second band, and I'm looking at getting a smaller Pedaltrain because I require less pedals. I have a traditional Pedaltrain with the hard case and it's too bulky and too many pedals for what I need in the new band.

My question is, which board would work for a Boss DD3, Boss Chorus, Xotic EP Booster and an OCD?

Their website says 2 pedals for the nano and 3 for the metro. When I looked at the Nano today in the store, it looked all 4 pedals would fit, so I don't know.

2. CaptainPants

CaptainPants Member

On my metro 20, I've got the MXR dc brick on top, powering a Boss TU-3 --> Timmy --> El Capistan --> Big Sky --> Ditto X2.

So plenty of space for a couple of boss pedals, an EP boost and an OCD.

3. thesooze

thesooze Member

Here's the scale of those pedals on a Pedaltrain Nano:

[​IMG]

earwax, Pao, rummy and 1 other person like this.
  4. stratman89

It looks like I can get away with a Nano with a Volto power supply underneath.

Thanks sooze. I forgot I need to add a tuner too. I think the Nano + might work.

MAGICboy likes this.
  5. MartinCliffe

MartinCliffe Member

With a small enough tuner (Polytune mini?) and low profile patch cables, you might get away with a Nano. Nano+ will fit no problem, even with a full-size tuner.

6. Enusire

Enusire Member

I posted my Nano+ board recently on the "Show your PB" - Threads. You really can squeeze a few pedals to the Nano & Nano+. You just have to play the tetris game - which is fun ;) - and use small patch cables. I also ordered a TC PolyTune Clip Tuner because a tuner didn´t fit to my Nano+ board, maybe that´s also an idea.

For my board I used Hosa Patch cables:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hosa+patch+cable

Here are a few pictures of my board, I hope that helps to get an idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I recommend also scrolling through the "Show us your Pedaltrain NANO" - Thread, there you really get an idea which size is appropriate for your needs. Hope I could help.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...s-your-pedaltrain-nano-part-2.1366481/page-35

thesooze likes this.
  7. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Gold Supporting Member

Works out great!
    I just did a nano with 4 units and 2 Voltos

8. hereandgone18

hereandgone18 Member

Hey OP, you should check out pedalboardplanner.com. It's great for answering your kind of question.

Enusire likes this.
  9. Mr.Woody

Mr.Woody Supporting Member

you know, i've seen everyone's pedalboard planner pics, but never knew where they got them. Thanks for suggesting that!!
    Question with that site, if you have just a generic BYOC type enclosure, what pedal from their list would be best to represent that size? Sort of like using the EP booster for scale since they don't have the tumnus listed yet, only a regular generic size pedal

10. MattLeFevers

MattLeFevers Member

I have four pedals on my nano+ and that's with two of them being rather large and having made no effort to use smaller patch cables in between. A nano+ would definitely be big enough for what you need.

11. Pao

Pao Member

Any of the regular-sized MXR pedals :)

12. Mr.Woody

Mr.Woody Supporting Member

awesome, thanks :)

13. stratman89

Well I went an bought a Nano+.

I emailed Pedaltrain about the rumoured new Volto power supply. They replied with the following:

Thank you for writing.

A new version of the Volto is being manufactured as we speak. I haven't heard a release date yet, but expect it to be sometime in June.

Keep an eye on our social media sites for information.

Best regards.

Pedaltrain Customer Service

14. rowdyyates

rowdyyates Supporting Member

Glad to hear the Volto will be back. It's great when used as intended (5 non-digital pedals for me). I get at least 10 hours and still have to turn on all the pedals and discharge before recharging. I'd hate to have to go back to a plug in supply.

15. Sam-2XD

Sam-2XD Member

Nano or Nano+ will do fine. If you want a tuner the plus will be better, though I think a mini tuner could still work on the original (that or a head stock).

Turi likes this.