Which phaser? Expression pedal a plus

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DylanGuitar, Nov 13, 2005.

1. DylanGuitar

DylanGuitar Member

Hey all.....just thought I would consult the group wisdom as to phasers.
    I'm looking for one that preferably works with an expression pedal.
    I've been looking at the pigtronix but have read some mixed reviews. Are there any owners of this pedal that could maybe chime in?
    Are there any great sounding phasers out there other than the pigtronix that have the option of working with an expression pedal?

Thanks!

Dylan

2. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Almost any phaser I can think of will work with a 3rd Hand by TIP . . . so don't limit yourself just to the ones that have a dedicated expression pedal output/input. FWIW, I thought the Shannon was the best chewy & lush phaser, the Red Witch was the best atypical and clean / crisp sounding phaser, and the SIB! was a good middle ground between the two. Wasn't a fan of the HBE Psilocybe though.

ANYway... have you thought about the new one from MXR? Seems interesting... the MXR Variphase.

-Ben

3. DylanGuitar

DylanGuitar Member

Thanks Ben. I think that I will go with the Shannon.
    I'm also curious how the retro-sonic will sound, which is about the be released.
    I hadn't heard about the 3rd hand, which seems extremely cool.

Thanks for the help.

Dylan

4. meterman

meterman Member

I believe Ben from Red Witch will add an expression pedal for speed control to the Moon Phaser for a small additional fee.....

5. improv4

improv4 Member

Hey Dylan,

I have the Pigtronix with the expression pedal. The pedal sounds great, very transparent with beautiful analog phasing. The expression pedal is a speed control. I run into the OCD after the EP-1 and boy does it sound great. I'll answer any questions you have if I can.
    , Chris

6. iualum

iualum Member

The 4ms Phaseur Fleur can have an expression jack added when ordered from 4ms, among other available mods.

Fantastic phaser. Expensive, around $375 fully tricked out($210-230 base model), but for me, the end-all/be-all of phasers. No need to look further. Phaser is settled for good.

7. bushido

bushido Member

i have a 4ms phaseur fluer with a moog expression pedal for sale/trade if you're interested..

8. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Member

I have a Pigtronix EP-1. Great phaser. You can set it so that the phase shift is controlled by your attack -- a pretty cool feature, among others. It's got a pretty big footprint, and it's recently been displaced from my board by the Red Witch Moon Phaser, which has a bit more clarity.

9. TomK

TomK Member

I just recieved the Mooger Fooger MF-103 12 Stage phaser as a gift. As a general rule I don't like / use phasers but this thing sounds awesome. You can control any of the parameters with an expression pedal or even control it with other pedals (Mostly Moog) that have CV capability.

Definitely worth looking at.

10. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Then, of course, there's the Infinitphase. You'd have to find one of them used since they don't appear to be building any more, and they are a tiny scooch noisy but they'll do just about anything and they are available with CV input...