Which Phaser nails the MXR Phase90 script logo for early EVH?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Amit, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Amit

Amit Member

Other then a vintage MXR Phase90 script logo:horse

2. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

3. Jacobpaul81

Jacobpaul81 Member

Retro-Sonic Phaser and the Shannon Phaser are suppose to nail it.

4. arexjay

arexjay Member

MXR script Phase 90 :AOK

5. jeak

jeak Member

I have a Shannon, and I find it quite a bit cleaner than an MXR. I haven't tried to do EVH with it, but maybe somebody else has.

6. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

7. dosmun

dosmun Member

The original Script is the only one that I have tried that "nails" that sound. I also own the new EVH P90 it is closer but still doesn't do the Script sound like the original. The EVH is a little too clean sounding and has a touch more low end where the Script adds a touch of high end and just has a little more character to the sound.

8. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

i've never tried the original script logo, but the Retro-Sonic Phaser is fantastic. I used it at our show on Saturday night and it really sounded great.

9. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

IF you can find one I believe the early 90's reissue "block logo" Phase 90's like the one I own are supposed to be very close to the originals. I bought mine new around '91 or so & have used it off and on since then & I've loved how it sounded. I could never figure out why anybody would complain about their sound until recently. I found info on the "R28 mod" & thought I'd go ahead and do it as it's reversable & very simple. Well, turns out that apparently the early 90's reissues are built like the old Script Logo versions. You can tell the difference between them & the newer ones as the older ones have a separate board for the electronics & the jacks are separate from the board. I'll post a pic of mine later today for reference. Hmmm....well that is after I noodle around with it for a while... :D