Which reverb pedal is closest to a Blackface reverb?

68dripedge

I have pretty much no experience with reverb pedals. In the past I owned a Holy Grail and a Boss 63 Reverb. Both were owned briefly and I might be needing one here again soon.

My favorite verb has always been the standard Blackface Fender verb and I'm curious as to which pedal you think gets the closest to that sound. Preferably on the more budget friendly side, but I'd like to your opinion regardless of price too.

Dad love mom

Second the Keeley Hooke. The Strymon Blue Sky is a bit bright for the Blackface thang. So is the Eventide Space. The HOF Mini is cool, but it sits "on top" of the tone as opposed to feeling apart of one's tone (if that makes any sense). Topanga? Meh. I never liked it when I owned it, but others seem to love it, so go figure.

Yeah, go with the Keeley Hooke.

Brien

Don't mean to be a jerk, but try the search function for "spring reverb pedals". The Blackface Reverb is the most emulated and talked about spring verb in the history of TGP.

goodhonk

The spring reverb on the istomp is really good. I have a comparison video on youtube between it and sf deluxe reverb (search for goofhonk).

Unfortunately you need an ipod/pad to make the istomp work.

cinnamongrizzly

Silver Supporting Member
The best spring reverb pedals I've heard are Malekko Spring Chicken (really splashy) and Mad Professor Silver Spring (more natural and subtle).

bigben55

I still like my Lotus Pedal Designs Iceverb, a lot. Based off a SF Super Reverb. Doesn't get over the top. Maxed out, it's like my SR's verb at 6.

Rick1114

I never could gel with reverb pedals although admittedly I've only tried a few. I have a sole mate that does the blackface thing perfectly and use as a tiny pedalboard that sits on my amp. For that it perfect. However It doesn't do any modulated or cavernous reverb at all so I may be looking for a 2nd reverb for that purpose at some point...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom