1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Which speaker for 2061x if running a 1x12 ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by KissTone, Jul 27, 2008.

1. KissTone

KissTone Supporting Member

I want to use my new 2061x with a small, light 1x12 cab that I have---but I don't know what speaker to put in it to get the most out of the amp.

I've tried a Greenback and a Weber Blue Dog since I have those on hand, but am I missing something???

2. joek86

joek86 Supporting Member

Get in touch with Jim Seavall at Southbay ampworks Scumback Baby!

3. SoCalSteve

SoCalSteve Member

I like the Eminence Wizard in a 1x12 with British amps.

4. KissTone

That's a good idea---but I'm also hoping to hear from anyone with 2061x experience.

5. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

One of my clients has the 2061 with an H75/H55 mix. Another went with a dual M75 setup. Both of these clients had the matching 2x12 cab from Marshall.

What you choose for a 1x12 would be based on your guitar/pickups, style, the size and other things to do with your 1x12...such as closed or open back, etc.

I'd go with an H75 or H75-LHDC without knowing any more specifics. If you'd like some advice, I have a thread where you answer six questions, then I can make an informed recommendation. Here's the thread I'm referring to:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=4209933#post4209933

Get back to me via email if you like. Good luck.

6. Zuper

Zuper Supporting Member

Scumback H75! With a strat/tele, go for the LHDC or 55. Great grind with the perfect amount of chime.

7. KissTone

I'm a Strat player and my 1x12 cab is about the same dimensions as a Deluxe Reverb. I have both open and closed back panels for the cab depending on need.

8. JamesHealey

JamesHealey Member

I ran the G12H30 for a long time with mine although it's cutting it close for power handling, I also quite liked the Vintage 30 & G12T75

9. KissTone

10. KissTone

That's another thing I'm wondering. Am I okay with 30 watts? I don't crank the amp too often (it usually stays below the halfway point on volume)...