Which Teese sounds most like a Budda Wah?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gitpicker, Jan 18, 2008.

1. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

I have been through a lot of wah pedals lately, and my favorites were the Budda and RMC Picture wahs. The problem with the Budda is that it is not fuzz-friendly, so it had to go. I just picked up a WOF wah, but it is not my thing (look for it to show up soon in the Emporium).

So my question is - which Teese wah sounds most like the Budda (I know the Pic wah won't do the trick - will the Wizard wah get me there? Do I need more tweaking ability, ala the RMC 2 or 3? Or is the Budda just a different animal altogether?

2. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

RMC2 will cover it.:AOK:AOK:AOK
    The Budda to me sounds very much like a mid 70's Crybaby add TB and a resistor change

3. RDM

RDM Senior Member

My Budda LOVES the Trifecta. Never thought of it as not being fuzz-friendly.

4. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

True That..Or Analogman..

5. gitpicker

I had a Budda and a Wilson Rippah Q wah side by side and ran them into my Lovepedal BBB - The difference was dramatic. The Wilson worked the same whether or not the fuzz was on, however, there was a BIG difference in the Budda when I stomped on the BBB - much less of a "Wah" effect.

6. gitpicker

I am trying to avoid modding a Budda, hence my question. By the time I buy a kit and install it myself I am into Teese $$ territory, and I would rather have a Teese if I am going to spend that kind of $$ (better customer service should something cease to work, tension adjustment, better resale value, etc).

7. progholio

progholio Supporting Member

The only alteration you would make is re-routing a couple of wires and installing 2 adhesive standoffs. Easily reversable if you want to restore it to stock.
    From what i understand the Teese 'fuzz friendly' technology is just a matter of the Teese factory installing FoxRox Retrofit buffers into their existing wahs.
    Save yourself a few $$ and keep the wah that you like.

I have a BudWah and am in the exact same boat, i was only thinking of changing to a Wizard because of it being different. I'm thinking along the lines of adding the buffer instead.

I am curious if anyone has any experience installing a buffer circuit and finding the tone of the wah affected in any way?

8. progholio

progholio Supporting Member

I stand corrected, the Teese wahs w/fuzz friendly technology don't simply have the foxrox buffer added on as i stated previously but have the circuitry right on the board itself. Sorry, didn't want to start any confusion.

9. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

I put one in a Vox V847 and the only difference I can hear is that it now works with my Fuzzes. It used to howl and oscillate with my Fulltone 70 after it. Piece of cake to install too.

10. dsj

dsj Member

Have you messed with pedal order? I have a Budda and a Trifecta and whether one is run before the other (or vice versa) makes a significant difference.

11. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

+1. On my other board I use with my cover band I use a sunfance into the budda and it sounds like the world is coming to an end. Really cool wah/fuzz sound.

Edit: In fact, I use fuzz into wah on both my boards....seems to make it a lil more over the top.