• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Which Tim version is better?

analogic

I know the last thing we all need is another Tim thread, but if you guys could indulge me...

I'm trading a Honey Bee, which I've learned to quite like over time, but my true love was my Paul C Timmy (which was stolen while on tour). I'm trading my Honey Bee for a Tim and I've received offers for various versions. Is V1 significantly better? What is the main difference? I know with the Timmy, later models had different clipping options.

Anyway, some insight would be much appreciated.

mcdes

Member of no importance
My under standing between V1 to V2 was the switch to change between clipping was changed from a push pull pot to a toggle, and also the mounting on a breadboard to whatever. Other than that, my little knowledge says they are basically the same??

PaulC

I know the last thing we all need is another Tim thread, but if you guys could indulge me...

I'm trading a Honey Bee, which I've learned to quite like over time, but my true love was my Paul C Timmy (which was stolen while on tour). I'm trading my Honey Bee for a Tim and I've received offers for various versions. Is V1 significantly better? What is the main difference? I know with the Timmy, later models had different clipping options.

Anyway, some insight would be much appreciated.
There really is very little difference. In fact I've never called the pedal "V2" because I don't want people to think it's different enough to want to buy it again. I don't want to sell tiny tweaks to people. If I do call something a new version it will be because of major changes to the circuit.

The only difference is the 3rd setting the 3-way toggle switch gives you instead of the two settings the pull pot drive control gave. The middle and down postions are the exact same thing as the pull pot, and the up position splits the difference.

The main things different are mechanical only. I moved the DC jack to the back of the pedal, and made a new circuit board that was no longer mounted to the footswitch. This was done because if the footswitch ever failed it was an ordeal to replace it. Now it's a 10 minute job that almost anybody can do.

PaulC
Tim/Timmy pedals
myspacce.com/paulcaudio

mcdes

Member of no importance
There really is very little difference. In fact I've never called the pedal "V2" because I don't want people to think it's different enough to want to buy it again. I don't want to sell tiny tweaks to people. If I do call something a new version it will be because of major changes to the circuit.

The only difference is the 3rd setting the 3-way toggle switch gives you instead of the two settings the pull pot drive control gave. The middle and down postions are the exact same thing as the pull pot, and the up position splits the difference.

The main things different are mechanical only. I moved the DC jack to the back of the pedal, and made a new circuit board that was no longer mounted to the footswitch. This was done because if the footswitch ever failed it was an ordeal to replace it. Now it's a 10 minute job that almost anybody can do.

PaulC
Tim/Timmy pedals
myspacce.com/paulcaudio

Don't ya just love TGP!!

aporcelainsky

just to add to Paul's response: I'd encourage you to disregard anyone who claims their breadboard version or "v1" version sounds better than the newer tim with the extra toggle option. those claims are 100% baseless. if you're going to invest in a Tim it really makes sense to get the newest one.

analogic

PaulC
Tim/Timmy pedals
myspacce.com/paulcaudio
Thank you so much, Paul. Whenever I get complimented on my tone, I always had to give credit to my Timmy. Really looking forward to having that tone back in my arsenal, it was hell touring without it.

Trending Topics