Which Travel guitar?...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jonlarsen002, Feb 26, 2009.

1. jonlarsen002

jonlarsen002 Member

Should I get a $100 hofner shorty? or a $300 Traveler Speedster?

2. bazooka47

bazooka47 Member

I am not familiar with those models, but I have bought a couple of those travel guitars over the years and never played them.

A Telecaster makes a great travel guitar. In a gig bag or thermometer case, it fits in most overhead aircraft compartments. You can put it in a decent sized suitcase and check it by taking the neck off and wrapping it in a pair of jeans. You can even keep the strings straight with a capo or rubber band around the neck, unscrew the neck plate and "fold" the guitar with t-shirts in between.

Then, when you reach your destination, you're equipped with a real man-sized guitar you can play with pride.

Just a suggestion...

3. Maxer

Maxer Member

I've had good experiences with the Washburn Rover. Nice, light, good crisp sound.

4. lagomorphian

lagomorphian Member

I've got one of the original Traveler Guitars (acoustic) and it's very uncomfortable even with the lap extension arm. The Speedster looks to be about the same shape and size.