Which tuners for a Strat?

Ozro4

I'm working on fixing up a Squier strat that I got at a pawn shop, and it needs new tuners BADLY. Any suggestions on what tuners I should get? I'd like ones that stay in tune really well, but they don't have to be locking or anything too expensive.

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
I have a Jimmy Vaughn Strat that has the sloted shaft Vintage type tuners, and that guitar is very stable and easy to retune.

I also have a tele type guitar that has identicle looking tuners that are Gotoh, and it is also very stable as well.

Both are easier to manage from a tuning and tuning stability standoint than the one guitar that I have with locking tuners.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
Do your Squier tuners have the pins on the backs? To use Kluson style tuners you might need to plug them AND you will need a set of conversion bushings. For your guitar I'd recommend the Wilkinson EZ-LOK tuners. They work well, stay in tune and are a great value being < $25 in most cases.

Ive got a set of locking Gotoh tuners on one, and a few sets of sperzells and Grovers. They all work well. I some how always end up buying more Sperzels.

Trending Topics