Which Univibe?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by staybobo, May 7, 2016.

1. staybobo

staybobo Member

Which Univibe so I look into the Honey Shin-ei Vibe-Bro or the Korg Nuvibe?

2. Fredrocks

Fredrocks Member

I just pulled the trigger on the Nuvibe. I really like some of what I have heard online, and I also like that you can change the waveform. I found a new one for $334,and I couldn't pass it up. Musictoyz has a new one on Amazon for $349.95 and they are $399.99 on their site. I am not sure why it is higher on their own site.

3. jm9239

jm9239 Supporting Member

Foxrox Aquavibe imo

4. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

MJM Sixties Vibe

electricity17 and bettset like this.
  5. Fu Schnickens

Fu Schnickens Member

I have a Rotovibe and an MXR Univibe. I don't know what else you would really need in a vibe. Unless you need something more wacky, of course... :confused:

6. Vhailor

Vhailor Supporting Member

Probably because they don't want to be in competition with their retailers. The retailers (especially brick and mortar retailers) provide addition sales opportunities, and provide video reviews and customer reviews. And good retailers are usually not seen as shills, but as merchants concerned about their customers' satisfaction; good merchants are trusted by their customers. All of this is of value to both the customers and to the manufacturers.

The idea is that, if the price is the same, most people would prefer to purchase directly from the manufacturer, and not the retailer, who is after all a middleman. But the manufacturer needs that middleman. So by selling at msrp, the manufacturer provides a sales point to those who are really desperate, but at the same time is not competing with the retailers who discount the msrp.

NamaEnsou likes this.
  7. Marble

Marble Member

Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe 2 sounds amazing. With hot ass hum buckers as well. Very curious about the Korg NuVibe as well, I imagine you can do a lot of cool unique and new univibe sounds with the waveform shaper

NamaEnsou likes this.
  8. datguytim

datguytim Member

Bite the bullet: Unique Vibe. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? YES - every penny. I've had LOTS of 'booteeks' and played a few originals, the Unique Vibe is as good or better than the originals IMO - nothing else does.

9. amphead777

amphead777 Member

The best one is still the elusive KR Mega Vibe.

10. bettset

bettset Member

his custom shop sixties vibe. you can use an expression pedal with this one. awesome. he has his new website up too. i think he's making the wah again too :munch

Stratobuc and electricity17 like this.
  11. Fulldrive-1

Fulldrive-1 Member

Grab the Fulltone one and groove on Hendrix. It's all you need.

12. rosslevans

rosslevans Member

I actually just picked up a Prescription Electronics Vibe-Unit and it is amazing. Custom paint jobs go for high prices but you can find the white/grey/blue ones for good prices. It's a large pedal tho, so I'm not sure if you are concerned with taking up a big footprint on your board. One fellow TGP member said it was dead on with an original Uni-Vibe pedal he played. Vibe-Bro price is pretty steep IMO.

wundergussy and Serenity like this.
  13. Kilometers Davis

Kilometers Davis Member

I guess it really depends on your rig and what you're trying to accomplish.

On the cheap I've herd mods for the phase 90 that are quite convincing. Granted it's YouTube vids, but none the less...

If money is no object then I suggest either the effectrode tube vibe or Rodger Mayer voodoo vibe. I realize it's a classic tgp move to suggest something I haven't played but when you really think about it, most folks here are going for the classic Hendrix/Gilmour vibe thing... Which is a shin-ei uni vibe modded by Rodger Mayer... Which is what the voodoo vibe is

As a tube vibe owner, I must say I've been very satisfied for the past two years and haven't been in the market for one since.

Plus the added bonus of being able to tailor it's sound with different tubes is cheaper and less invasive than modding a pedal you just dropped serious coin on

Edit: did I say "less invasive"? I meant to say NON invasive :aok

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  14. Able Grip

Able Grip Member

I have the Fulltone Deja2 but would trade it for the Foxrox Aquavibe.

jm9239 likes this.
  15. jsboswell

jsboswell Supporting Member

Still loving the Drybell Vibe Machine!

16. captaincoconut

captaincoconut Member

Had the Deja Vibe, the Oxfuzz Oxvibe and currently the Drybell Vibe Machine which kills em all :)

17. ScienceFriction

ScienceFriction Member

Seconded on the Castledine Supra-Vibe.

18. rummy

rummy Member

+1 on MJM. It's great.

bettset, electricity17 and Stratobuc like this.
  19. Jimpage

Jimpage Member

So 1 out of 18 replies actually addressed the OP's question...

He's asking which vibe between the specific two he has narrowed his search down to, not what is everyone else's favorite.

20. ScienceFriction

ScienceFriction Member

It never hurts to look at more, personally the Vibe Bro is laughable. If you're ONLY going to pick from those two get the Korg..