Which Version Do You Like Best?

Which version do you like best?

• Version 1

• Version 2

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

garyh

I like the background better in the 2nd clip (clearer) but the guitar sound better in the first, although, yeah, way, way too wet.

Weldaar

I liked the first version better, the guitar had a thicker tone. The rhythm guitar was a tad loud in the backing, or the lead guitar could have been louder in the mix. The playing was excellent.

HarryJ

Both have a real sweet tone man... I need to try one of those Brown Notes!
Sweet playing as well, as usual
If I may suggest:
If you still have the uneffected Solo track, layer it in parallel with the effected but set it to about 50% of the volume, then displace it by about 8-12 MS, and invert the phase.
I use tricks like this to get real sweet guitar tones :)

HJ

Frank Axtell

I think musically your doing some real nice stuff ....changes , melodies. groove etc....just work on the mix a bit more and you'll have a super tune in no time....I dig that latin vibe, very cool.

adlibmusic

Both have a real sweet tone man... I need to try one of those Brown Notes!
HJ

I agree, Harry. We need to get you plugged into a D'Lite Bluesmaster. I think you would be very surprised.

To all of you:
Thanks for all the input and pointers. I really appreciate them. I wish this was a fixable project. Unfortunately, the instruments were played thru processors, recorded as we went.
BTW, I hope I was not misleading you (hj). The solo guitar was not played thru a Brown Note amp. I may not have even known Moss (Mr. Brown Note) when Ralph and I did this project. But it was great fun. The only way to fix it now, is play it again. :) :jo I'm sure Ralph would be up for it.
Loren

HarryJ

I agree, Harry. We need to get you plugged into a D'Lite Bluesmaster. I think you would be very surprised.

To all of you:
Thanks for all the input and pointers. I really appreciate them. I wish this was a fixable project. Unfortunately, the instruments were played thru processors, recorded as we went.
BTW, I hope I was not misleading you (hj). The solo guitar was not played thru a Brown Note amp. I may not have even known Moss (Mr. Brown Note) when Ralph and I did this project. But it was great fun. The only way to fix it now, is play it again. :) :jo I'm sure Ralph would be up for it.
Loren

My bad,
It does sound very different from your Brown Note tracks
HJ

journo

Hi Loren,

I liked the second clip the best. Both the sound and the playing.

Nice and happy tune too!

Cheers,

Mats N

cdaloia

Loren,

Cool tune and playing
Too much efx though for my taste.
I bet it could be real sweet w/ a remix!

Chuck

adlibmusic

Loren,

Cool tune and playing
Too much efx though for my taste.
I bet it could be real sweet w/ a remix!

Chuck

That seems to be the common thought. It was several years ago, before D'Lites and such...
I've talked to Ralph about it and we are going to do it over this year.

And again, many thanks to all you guys for taking the time. Now how do I turn this thing off???
:horse

Loren

Trending Topics

Top Bottom