1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which Vibe: Mofaux or Microvibe??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TimH, Feb 9, 2008.

1. TimH

TimH Member

Which of these two sound most like a real vibe? I just unloaded a Magicboy because it doesn't pulse and throb enough...it's too phasery. So I need some advice on a new vibe...

2. ptdesign

ptdesign Handmade sonic art

I would go Micro Vibe between the two. Here's my experience. I love the package size, the name and the look of the MoFaux but :
    With no level control you have no mix options. So it's always a heavy effect.
    It does not throb asymetrically. Even the dano CS does a lopsided throb with more watery feel.
    My MoFaux is in the closet now and I have my True bypass CS back on.

I have adjusted the internal trim with no satisfaction. I must add the MoFaux is a very nicely constructed pedal that is amazing for the size and cost.

The BBE soulvibe is worth a look but I've had two other BBE pedals and they seemed very cheap and toneless.

3. eric-d

eric-d Member

if you are wanting a true "vibe" sound - I'd go Micro. The Mo' is more phaser'ish.

4. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

You can tweak the sound with the Microvibe more than with the MoFaux.

I just happen to love the sound of my MoFaux, just the way it is.

You could also consider the BBE Soul Vibe in the same price range.

5. NicDo

NicDo Member

i have both. i really like both too. i keep the Mofaux on my board though, since it is slightly smaller, and easier to work with a foot (the one knob). i did sort of shoot out- and couldn't figure out which one i really like better. the mofaux is slightly less noisy too (when using overdirve with it).

the rate and depth knobs make the micro a little more versital (unless you open up the mofaux and change the internal trim)

if both were stolen- i'd be happy to buy either one again.

6. 4styx

4styx Member

I find that all Vibes sound phaserish after a fuzz.I'm using a Microvibe right now(because of it's size)but I notice quite a volume and treble boost from it.

7. Phil M

Phil M Member

Exactly.

8. radcliff

radcliff Member

I used to have one a long time ago, and I got rid of it for thos same reasons....quite a large treble/volume boost. I have actually noticed that will almost all vibes.