Which wah for Gov't Mule's Inside Outside Woman Blues?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by monkmiles, May 19, 2011.

1. monkmiles

monkmiles Member

Which wah pedal to get the tone Warren does on Inside Outside Woman Blues #3? Anyone know which he's actually using?

2. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

I believe he is using the CAE/Dunlop wah.

3. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Every time I have seen him he was using a bone stock Dunlop Standard Crybaby.He likes the way it loaded up his signal.

4. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Pretty sure it is the Standard Dunlop.He does use a ton of CAE gear.Not sure the CAE wah was around in 09..
    http://youtu.be/4hgaBKNGVDs

5. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

Yes, he has been using a regular stock Dunlop, but I "think" he has switched to the CAE.

6. JCM 800

JCM 800 Member

Warren's wah is in a loop of his Bradshaw switcher so it doesn't load his signal.

7. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

That SOB lied to me then,said he didn't like the true bypass wah.:p maybe I used the wrong choice of word.. starts around 3:30.

http://youtu.be/4hgaBKNGVDs

8. JCM 800

JCM 800 Member

You are correct that he doesn't like the wah pedal itself to be true bypass. However his wah pedal is in a bypass loop on the Bradshaw. Thats the 20 ft of cable to and from the wah that Farmer talks about in the video. Notice there is a button on the Bradshaw board labeled "WAH". Warren has to hit this before he can use the wah. I've seen him do it many times live. He doesn't turn the wah on and off like normal.

9. monkmiles

monkmiles Member

Appreciate the replies. Wouldn't have guessed a standard Crybaby most of the time. I have seen a picture of one of his boards with the CAE wah as well.

I have a Budda and a BBE wah. With the Budda I have trouble getting the bassy-ness of a tune like this one. I'm wondering if I can mod one of the caps to increases the bass. *EDIT* I was just playing a bit more with the Budda, and while I do find the BBE has more bass response, I am able to get a similar tone to this Mule tune with the Budda...it was more about wah technique than I previously thought.

Last edited: May 20, 2011