1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which wah???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by markom89, Jun 19, 2006.

1. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Im looking for a new wah, and I realy want it to be a high quality wah, I just recentley got rid of my Vox V847, traded it for a ibanez WF-10 fuzz wah and got $60 on top of it. The WF-10 needs some fixing up, and It sounds pretty cool, but not the type of wah Im looking for. I want a wah that works well clean, but works even better when its dirty (I know your porbably thinking "then why the hell doesnt he like the ibanez?") So far Ive narrowed it down to a ZVex wah probe (cause' it's different), the Chicago iron parachute wah, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, and thats it. I think the Roger Mayer one looks not as good, even though its like twice the price of each one. So tell me which one you guys think would suit my needs the best. Remeber, I want it to be heard well when Im using lots of gain, I didnt find the Vox was able to do that to well, you would hardly hear the wah.

2. ZJD

ZJD Senior Member

3. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestion, i already have, none of them realy caught my attention as much as the others, but, out of all of them if I had to pick id go with the RMC3, but Im going to stick to the ones in my list.

4. RickB

RickB Member

5. eethier

eethier Member

You should choose the RMC Wizard wah... it has haunting mids :D

6. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Tried it out, didnt like it much. Dont suggest the Hiwatt playboy either, It didnt work well with gain. Maybe I should look back at the RMC3 again shouldnt I, but like I said I realy need it to be heard threw the gain too and I like to use lots of it, so how would the RMC3 and the others handle gain? Would the parachute to the trick? or the Fulltone?

7. eethier

eethier Member

[​IMG]
    I think it would be my choice...

8. ZJD

ZJD Senior Member

9. iggs

iggs Member

Had the Vox V847, Morley Pro and now I'm set with my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe. Love the different voicings and the extra volume control, great sound, built like a tank and great feel to the pedal.

10. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Between the RMC3, Clyde Deluxe & Parachute which one do you guys think would be able to handle the gain the best? I want to be able to hear the "wah wah" when Ive got my Fuzz factory on or my TS808 & Big muff on together. With the Vox I wasnt to hear the "wah wah" as I said earlier, I know the parachute was used by many pros back in the 70's but thats about it.

11. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

RMC Picture Wah is tops with clean or dirty and just has the richest tone of any out there. The regular Fulltone Clyde is very good too. The RMC3 is nice but requires a lot of tweaking and frankly its best tones are the ones that mimic the Picture Wah. Tese also makes a custom order Wheels of Fire wah with presettable boost and a Q control. It is a replica of the Colorsound and has a bit more toe range. Had one and liked it but found it was missing some of the mids of the Picture. I would talk to Geoffrey on the phone about your specific questions and requirements-he will talk all day to you about wahs and other gear. Nicest guy in the world and a hell of a cool player and collector of all things wah!

12. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

alright, sounds good Ill give him a call later on today, I like those builders that are willing to spend time on the phone with their customers, like Mr. Rembold, ZVex, Bill Finnegan, Paul C., etc. all genuine nice guys, really cool, thanks for the info.

13. Gordon_Gecko

Gordon_Gecko Member

Teese wah's sound like shite with high gain. I owned them all at some point. I am buying an Area 51 drop in kit this week. The clips sound great and the builder answers his own phone... another +1000. I have heard mixed reviews on the SilverMachine... pretty expensive, but if you got the $$ to drop I'd check it out. The high gain function is superior I am told.
    GG

14. dingdongbell070

dingdongbell070 Member

if you really want the wah to be pronounced over the gain then place it after the OD/dist pedals on your board...

15. Jujo

Jujo Supporting Member

Try the Crybaby Fasel 95-F. I owned this wah at the same time as an RMC3 and Clyde Deluxe. I went to Guitar Center to hear the Crybaby line and I went home with the 95-F. I didn't end up keeping it, but for high gain tones it adds a coloration that is really rippin. This thing tears it up on high gain tones.

16. fernandopareta

fernandopareta Member

all depends, your amp and pedals do diferent sounds with diferent gear, But you have to try the Bad Horsie 2, i Know that a lot of people don´t like it but it sounds cool with high gain sound, you`ll listen to every note, I know that it isn´t a boutique pedal, but it sounds really good for high gain and clear sound, it also has a wah range.

All the best...
    Fer

17. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Area 51 wah fan here...

18. straticus

straticus Member

My wah search ended with the Picture wah.

19. johnnySRZ

johnnySRZ Member

+1 on the Wizard Wah. It works well with humbuckers and not just single coils like some of the others. I've had it for three years now and its never cut out on me once.