• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Which was devloped first Dynacomp or Ross compressor?

GM1

Been doing research on compressors and I am a bit confused. I can't get a clear understanding of which was introduced back in the 70's first - the Ross or the Dynacomp.

Seems like the Ross was the first pedal compressor however I have read where the Ross folks borrowed settings from the Dynacomp - so I'm a bit confused.

Also I have the Wampler Ego Compressor just for my own understanding suspect it is based on the Ross style circuit?

Thanks

analogmike

Platinum Supporting Member
Ross normally copied MXR pedals with slight improvements, and that's exactly what the Ross compressor is. See my compROSSor page for more info on the differences.

Trending Topics