Which would you buy? delay dilemma!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rockappalla, Apr 15, 2008.

1. rockappalla

rockappalla Member

Ok, I'm looking for a new delay...budget is around 200-250 $...

I'm considering the Tc nova delay and the EH stereo MM w/hazarai...which other good delays are in that price range? Any opinions on the two I mentioned above?

Thanks;)

2. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

Retro-sonic analogue delay is good and about that price. axeandyoushallreceive has them

3. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

they are very similar, tough choice

i'd go w/ nova but thats only cause i already have a hazarai and i'd like to try something new

w/out playing a nova... i'd say looks like tc is slightly higher quality but hazarai has more features and can do vintage psychadelic sounds probably more than the nova, the looper on hazarai i didn't care about but it turned out to be very fun, i think i'll get a dedicated loop recorder later try to write some keller williams one man band loop songs

can't go wrong with either, biggest plus for me is they both are stereo in and out, if you aren't going to play in stereo for pan and ping pong you probably could get by w/ a cheaper mono delay just as well

4. megatonic

megatonic Member

I say go hazarai because it's such a wildcard.

5. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

If you're only going to own ONE delay, make it the Nova, IMO.

6. gibson60

gibson60 Member

Yup, I got mine from them yesterday. This delay is the REAL DEAL. It sounds amazing! Very organic and warm. I also find the long/short switch to be very useful as well. Still experimenting though...

7. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

Secondhand Mad Professor Deep Blue Delays are about $250.

This is what I use, and it's my favorite thus far.

8. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

I got my Nova last week and it's killer. Picked it up in the emporium for 200.00 mint/new cond. and I couldn't be happier. This replaced my dd-20 but the DMM is still on my board.
    If you can tell us your application, then we could tell you which would work best for you.

9. pulse.

pulse. Silver Supporting Member

Nova is one of the most flexible delay pedals,
    but if you want he sound of an analog delay
    you have to look to other pedals.

10. rockappalla

rockappalla Member

The pedal i'm looking for has to have:
    - tap tempo
    - good tape delay emulation
    - a nice looper

I currently have the Digidelay...but the looper is only 4 secs...however the tape delay emulation is not that bad...

My answer is: will the Hazarai sound noticeably better than the digidelay? Is it worth selling the DIGI for the HAZ?

thank guys!

11. guitarplayaman

guitarplayaman Member

to me the Mod delay makes it a keeper on the DIGI....but I can't speak for the hazarai or Nova

12. megatonic

megatonic Member

Yes. I used to have the Digi, also. I sold it, got the Marshall Delay pedal, sold it & got the hazarai. I will say that if you didn't need all the extras, I'd get the Guyatone MD3.

13. DøøG

DøøG Member

Hey, got a question. The DD-20 is pretty noisy, is the Nova less so? I used to be able to deal with the one DD, now I have 2 and yikes, too hissy! I'm having a hissy fit! lol....thinking about switching...

14. DøøG

DøøG Member

Thanx for the props!
    GarBage band was soo....glitchy!! Would lock up in the middle of takes, files would move around, fuggedabudit! Yeah, eventually I'll get logic, lotsa other things to get 1st! Like some LESS NOISY DELAYS!!! Lol....HSSSSSSS....."hey, is there a snake in there?" hahaha...

One DD-20 I had no probs. 2 together, yeee-uk. Nova sounds cool, so does the EH Hazarai. Actually for me, that may be the way to go (Hazari), not sure. Anybody try the Eventide that's out?

Anybody out there wanna buy a couple of DD-20's? ;)