While Tgp Was Away... (redplate Content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cyrja, May 18, 2015.

1. cyrja

cyrja Supporting Member

I was actually able to play guitar rather than just talk about it. As a result I was able to dial in my new feature packed RedPlate Blackverb 88.

I've owned a few vintage fenders and several Dumble style amplifiers. More or less, this is a marriage of those two ideas. With a little bit of tweaking researching and notetaking I was able to find a respectable Robben Ford #102 type OD sound. Likewise, with the flip of a switch in a stop at the foot switch I'm in clean vintage Fender territory.

If you haven't looked into RedPlate yet, Henry knows what he's doing. (Thumbs up)

FWIW- I'm running a TC Flashback (2290) and a Strymon Flint in the loop. I had been relying on a Hermida Zendrive and Klone combo for my OD. The Klone still sounds great but now the Zendrive is a bit obsolete and may end up in the Emporium as such

Here are the settings
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    sixrails and Bluewail like this.
  2. BelgPJ

BelgPJ Member

Proud owner of an Aurora 34 head here - outstanding clean to growl options from an EL34 base. My go to no.1 amp at the moment

3. Bluewail

Bluewail Silver Supporting Member

I also recently got a Blackverb Standard (not 88) and could not be happier. I'm really impressed by how dynamic and responsive the amp is to your picking. Notes just jump out. The clean side will most definitely keep Fender fans happy but you can get more girth than a Fender can. Probably closest to a good Super. The eq is well voiced and it's easy to dial in despite all the options. I see why folks go on and on about Redplate cleans. They're really good.
    The OD is its own thing, definitely Dumble inspired but with more definition than I've heard in other D clones. I'm getting great tones with my tele and strat. The RF Indianola tone is there as well as Matt Scofield strat tones. Just a beast of an amp. Has me thinking about seeing off about 5 other aamps.

4. GasMask

GasMask Member

You either have a ginormous finger or a really tiny amp!

:D

cyrja likes this.
  5. tdarian

tdarian Gold Supporting Member

Congrats, cool amp!