Whirligig'n

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fatback, Sep 26, 2006.

1. fatback

fatback Member

Last weeks thread mentioning the new version of the Calypso Effects, Whirligig got me inspired to take my ver.1 pedal out for another spin.

Here I am flippin' my Whirlibird ;) on and over a loop.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1623372055557803071

I love the sound and feel of this pedal and the fact that it works great clean or gained up. I'm seriously tempted to upgrade to the new 2-speed/ramp version now...

:YinYang

2. muddy

muddy Member

i am SO kickin' myself in the head for not waiting! i KNEW as soon as i introduced this thing to you guys that the #1 inquiry would be "what about ramping up/down?" and that would be too compelling a call for gez to have ignored, even if he did say "not in the immediate future." UGH-H-H!!! and i use it all the time! the rt-20 is good for FOOLING the ear, but the 'gig really SOUNDS like the real deal. and it doesn't monopolize your guitar's tone when you step on a box or overdrive your amp! SHYEE-E-E-E-T!!! :jo which reminds me. i have to do some carvin' so i can let you guys here some clips of it with my soultone 45 doin' the overdriving; they're awesome... what i find hilarious is that it even does a better univibe than the univibe! it's MUCH more articulate! there are SO many sweet spots that the 'gig gives you, where it LETS the notes burst through. killin' box!

ml

3. fatback

fatback Member

4. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

Gez just e-mailed me that mine will be ready by the end of the week. I really hope it is as good as I expect it to be. I'm tired of lugging a rack around just for the Dynacord CLS-222.

Cheers,

Johan.

5. mprvise

mprvise Member

Very nice clips once again. I love how it seems like you take a break for a bit during the loops and come back with some new ideas.

My Whirligig is ready, just trying to find a way to pay the man (paypal is not cooperating for some reason).

6. vivagold

vivagold Member

How do I find this whirligig?

7. mprvise

mprvise Member

8. fatback

fatback Member

9. mprvise

mprvise Member

Well, today was the day! Went to the post office and picked up the new version. Only about 30 minutes with it so far, but it sounds fantastic. Much better (less "digital" sounding) than other units I've tried. Trial rig was strat > Carb > Whirligig > Bruno CT22. Sounded good in all pickup positions and with the Carb on or off. Neck pickup (with Carb either on or off) is my favorite so far. The internal ramp up/down settings are very close to what I would have chosen myself, but I'll probably toy around with those tomorrow. It may see first gig duty tonight, but more than likely tomorrow. Nice work Gez! :AOK :AOK

10. fatback

fatback Member

Cool. After I sell off a few things, I'll be emailing Gez. ;)

11. Cody McLain

Cody McLain Member

Anyone mind saying what this thing cost US dollars shipped? Sounds good on the clips fatback.

12. Em3m3

Em3m3 Member

:drool

13. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

I got mine wednesday and have already spent a lot of time with it. I did play around with the internal settings and settled for the slow speed at its slowest setting. Looks like I won't be lugging the rack case with my old Dynacord CLS-222 to gigs anymore. Nice work indeed.

Cheers,

Johan.

14. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

Just shoot Gez an e-mail for a quote. He's a really nice guy.The address is on his site (www.calypsofx.co.uk).

Cheers,

Johan.