White dragon?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by loopjunkie, Jun 6, 2006.

1. loopjunkie

loopjunkie Member

anyone know what the pot is on the inside, I don't want to mess with it if it is important (bias?) just curious?:horse

2. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

yep...bias
    haven't touched mine, though I know a few people who did....only a "wee bit" though :)

3. loopjunkie

loopjunkie Member

what would it change sonically to adjust it?

4. RickB

RickB Member

It is a bias trimmer. I adjusted mine a bit. I didn't mark where it was set by Sean before doing so. I just went by ear and tweaked it to where I liked it. I found that you really need to set it at various gain levels and find the best of both worlds with it. If you set it with the gain cranked to where you like it and then back off the gain, it is not really where you want it at lower gain settings. So a little going back and forth and I found where it worked best for the whole range of the gain knob. There is a huge range in the turn of the knob. Once I set it, I never touched it again. I only tweaked it out of curiosity.

5. RickB

RickB Member

It adjusts the overall feel and reaction. You can get the fuzz to sputter or get it to really sing and sustain. It also has an affect on overall gain, volume and fatness (for lack of a better word!).

6. basscracker

basscracker Guest

i ordered one for a friend,played it for awhile before i gifted it to him.it was kind of dull at first so i tweaked the bias that seemed to open up the pedal,more sustain,tighter fuzz,less decay.just mark were its at if want to mess with it.

7. Phil M

Phil M Member

I have a 'brown' Dragon but the bias is one of 3 knobs on the outside. For the white Dragon, the trimmer is inside, or is it an additional control.

8. RickB

RickB Member

The trimmer is inside on the WD. The outside knobs are volume, driver and blend.

9. Last Nerve

Correct, RickB.

I had a "brown" dragon as well, and I'm pretty sure the controls were the same.
    Phil, have you ever looked for a trim pot inside your dragon?

10. Phil M

Phil M Member

I'll check tonight. I know mine has the volume and gain. I thought third was bias (treble to the left, bassy/fuzzy to the right). I'll check for the additional trimmer.

11. Last Nerve

Well, its LABELED as a "Blend" knob, doing just what you said, BUT you might still have that internal trimmer for more variation.

12. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Gold Supporting Member

hey phil..

its a blend on the outside..

voltage bias trimmer inside..

:puh :crazyguy hey these are kinda cool when did they happen?:roll:worried:nono

13. Phil M

Phil M Member

Gotcha, thanks. I'll leave the one on the inside alone. The pedal rules as a fuzz but I also like it as an OD with just a little fuzz around the edges. It can do 3 or 4 sounds really really well, so the hardest part is deciding how to use it.