White guitars love thread

xStonr

Gold Supporting Member
SnowBlind04.jpg

M

Member 1963

I tend to go for guitars with clear finishes to see the wood. But white is the ONLY solid color i will ever buy. Theres not one other solid I'd even consider unless it were my only option for a particular guitar i wanted bad enough. Love white, but still prefer the look of wood in most cases. I do love white strats almost as much tho.

RobC

It is Trinity #19. Big, fat #2 baseball bat neck. Actually, I guess I don't know how fat is in the whole spectrum of neck fatness, but it's a lot fatter than my Legacy Special with #1 neck, let alone my Washburn N4 paddy.

Excellent ! ASAT Trinity ?

Spencer1987

Here's a couple pics of my white strat trio. 87' american standard, 92' plus model, and a 2012 american standard.

imagejpg1_zps7cf81f47.jpg
[/URL[/IMG]

imagejpg1_zps7e942627.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

varjao

Man a white strat is the thing, I've had an olympic white but ended up selling, now I'm getting back to strats so I'm building a strat in a custom shop and I wanted a YJM clone, I love that guitar with a maple neck fully scalloped and that body color. I don't like that strong cream, almost yellow, I like the vintage white, I was last week in this custom shop giving the details to the luthier and when he asked me the body wood I asked if it was all the same price he said yes, so I choose Ash instead of Alder then he said "man I have a beautiful one piece Ash body here full of wood details" , then I choose sunburst two tone instead of solid color.

An Ash like that you have to show the details, the only thing is that it's not going to be a yjm clone anymore, I even bought the yjm pickups from seymour duncan, now I just don't know, for me a sunburst strat sweat blues, it's almost a sin to put humbuckers on it although those pickups are not strictly humbuckers.

What is worse, cover a beautiful ash with a solid painting or install some Yjm's on it? Well I went with the sunburst idea, I would not pass a piece like that to another customer of them and Ash is expensive here he made me the same price because a customer gave up on that piece because after changing his mind.

Decal

I need a "Gandalf the White" new-age, middle-earth ax....
I wonder what would fit the bill?...I want to be the "White Gold Wielder"
( sorry, read a lot of science fantasy in Jr. high )

Trending Topics

Top Bottom