White Strat + non-white pickguard

d3nzi0

I've had a white on white strat for a while and thinking of getting a non-white pickguard to spice things up a bit (too broke to buy a new guitar hehe)

Show me some of your white strat/non-white pickguard beauties for inspiration!

d3nzi0

It appears mint goes well with rosewood boards. Unfortunately mine is maple so any suggestions for that combo?

ultradust

Unfortunately mine is maple so any suggestions for that combo?
My "Jimi" ST68-TX also started out as a very pasty white/white combo when I bought it from Ishibashi Shibuya.

Although it certainly is a big headstock maple '70s neck deal, I went ahead and drilled '50s position holes in the body to fit an anodized guard, also a CIJ Fender part.

Real purty, methinks.

Crimson Queen

Here's mine. I have shown it in other threads. It does not get much love. The pickguard is a genuine Fender part (Black glass sparkle).

mschafft

I've had a white on white strat for a while and thinking of getting a non-white pickguard to spice things up a bit (too broke to buy a new guitar hehe)

What's the fretboard wood?

VHS analog

Mint looks excellent with a rosewood fretboard, maple not so much. This of course is my opinion.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
RW- mint green
Maple - anodized gold

I am personally over pearloid. I am also tiring of multiply.

RJLII

Mint looks excellent with a rosewood fretboard, maple not so much. This of course is my opinion.
Agreed

I really like the looks of the Mint Green with a RW board. That said, I used to have a White/White/Maple strat and it looked pretty stark. After the white body yellowed it looked great.

Seegs

My "Jimi" ST68-TX also started out as a very pasty white/white combo when I bought it from Ishibashi Shibuya.

Although it certainly is a big headstock maple '70s neck deal, I went ahead and drilled '50s position holes in the body to fit an anodized guard, also a CIJ Fender part.

Real purty, methinks.

I love that look and have just ordered a Gold anodized pick guard...hope it doesn't change the sound too much...

Below is the tortoise look which I like but got tired of as I see so many of em...in fact my bass player has the same colour combo on his jazz bass...

Chow,
Seegs

cratz2

Mint is my first choice and I did the anodized gold with one strat, but I've really grown to like white+aged pearl+black trim bits.

ledzep618

I like Mint Green and Tortise, but my #1 actually is a white strat/black pickguard/white knob and covers.

I love the way it looks, I'll throw a pic up later today.

Trending Topics