• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Who are some new and inspiring blues guitarists?

viper

Oil Brown from the UK
A little off yet on topic... saw Oli Brown and his rock band Raveneye open for The Darkness a couple of years ago and thought they were very good. A bit aways from his solo work as it's focused more on the songs with a heavier and bluesier Foo Fighters/Soundgarden/Royal Blood vibe and sounds like it would fit well on rock radio stations- shies away from lengthy guitar solos though.

tapeworm

Not new but if you’re not aware of them you should be
Junior Watson
Chris Cain
Charlie Baty

Last edited:

PierreL

Silver Supporting Member
Simon McBride is a great player too and you're right about his style. Either way, I enjoy his playing quite a bit and have seen him with Don Airey. Guys who like Gary Moore should really like him a lot and he plays in a variety of settings too:

I have seen him live earlier this year in a small club, and he was absolutely fantastic, an awesome player with a great tone.
Yet I would not rank him as blues player.

JohnnyBGoode

Simon McBride is a great player too and you're right about his style. Either way, I enjoy his playing quite a bit and have seen him with Don Airey. Guys who like Gary Moore should really like him a lot and he plays in a variety of settings too:

Interesting coincidence, I just discovered him today. He's very good.

Schwalbe

Silver Supporting Member
What kind of blues are we talking? And by new do you mean new to you or younger guys?

Kid Andersen and Nick Moss would be my suggestion. Check out Marquise Knox and Jontavious Willis as well
Add Igor Prado and Doug Deming to that list.
Nathan James is another as is Gabe Stillman. See if you can find anything with Jeremy Johnson playing on it, not the British pop guy. The guy here playing drums and guitar.
There are more but I’ll have to think about it.

Last edited:

frennis

Marcus King is at the top of the heap of gifted young guitar players with great songs and tons of soul, on top of pretty mind bending guitar. His band is also top notch.

Larkin Poe are also excellent, put on a great show, cool songs, great singers and musicians. Just ask Keith Urban...

Machew

Silver Supporting Member
YJM? Just joking, I tried to listen to listen to the album and could not.

Trending Topics