Who are today's guitar virtuosos?

rsm

With all the recent '80s shred threads, I thought I'd ask the question, "who are today's guitar virtuosos?"

Now, I don't mean the '60s, '70s, '80s or '90s guys still doing it, rather the under 30 years old, current and next generation guitarists that are pushing guitar somewhere new.

As someone who digs '80s shred and virtuosity, who are the current and up-and-coming under 30 years old guitarists I should be listening to? (outside of the "death metal" areas, as I'm already there)

TheClev

As seen on TV
Many of today's virtuosos are yesterday's virtuosos. My favorites are John Petrucci, Andy Timmons and Neil Zaza.

aynirar27

Preferred Senior Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Mattias "Ia" Eklundh

changing the way the instrument can be played.

rsm

Thanks!

Some being listed here are over 30 ;)

I'm looking for the new young guns (like Tosin, who I listen / know about).

suckamc

Silver Supporting Member
Guthrie...the guy can write, and he's a bona fide creative savant as an improviser. People who first mention his chops in discussions about him probably aren't qualified to take part in such discussions. It's like the people who reduce Eddie to tapping.

therhodeo

My choice. Amazing virtuosity along with very unique and original lines.
Probably the only one I see listed here who is of "today" and not the past 15 years. I swear most guys on here get all of their perspectives on current music or pop culture from Guitar World.

Guinness Lad

Tommy Emmanual, is far better than all that have been listed so far. That Guthrie guy though has some skills...

Trending Topics