• Please use the follwoing thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Who bought the Matchless HC-85 ?

johan

Whao, great price. A friend of mine had one for years but sold it recently. To big and heavy for the studio work and the gigs he had. Amazing amp though. Great tone!

sickboy79

I was tempted, that's for sure! I can't believe it went that low. I'm kinda kicking myself for not going for it! Oh well - money saved.

ROKY

I was watching it for a couple of weeks, so when he went no reserve, I
figured they would just yank it if it wasn't approaching an amount they
could live with(apparently $4-5 large, originally...).

Very surprised to see someone getting it for under $2K .:FM :D

Didja see the transformers on that thing ?!!?

sickboy79

I was watching it for a couple of weeks, so when he went no reserve, I
figured they would just yank it if it wasn't approaching an amount they
could live with(apparently $4-5 large, originally...).

Very surprised to see someone getting it for under $2K .:FM :D

Didja see the transformers on that thing ?!!?
Yeah - I was honestly surprised too. Yeah, those trannys are HUGE. They look about the same size as the ones in my Chief.

Just seen this thread now -

Well..........it was me that won........ BUT, I didn't get it.........:mad:

I won the auction, and like I'm sure the rest of you would have been, was actually surprised and ecstatic to have won the HC-85 for that price.

I paid for the item, only to get an email saying that they are refunding the money -- "it had already been sold that day on consignment".....

Imagine my dissapointment -- and suspicion that after I legitimately won it, someone offered the seller a higher price and therefore, I didn't get it, even though I WON it. I still wonder what really happened with it.

The question now is.........who really got the HC-85?? (and how much??)

dumeril7

I paid for the item, only to get an email saying that they are refunding the money -- "it had already been sold that day on consignment".....
Yeah, right. Seller wanted to have the benefits of a no-reserve auction while still actually having a reserve below which he was going to welsh on the deal.

D7

Yeah, right. Seller wanted to have the benefits of a no-reserve auction while still actually having a reserve below which he was going to welsh on the deal.

D7
I believe you nailed it on the head! -- but there was nothing I could about it at that point either - I wasn't too happy....

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Silver Supporting Member
Why is every one making a big deal about the price of this amp? Its 85 watt hc30 big deal. I had an 85 last year that I bought for 1850 and sold for 1950. Nothing special about this amp. Try the Superchief that is a special amp.

Trending Topics