Who bought the silver Klon on ebay today for $610?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sean French, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

Just wondering. I saw it a couple of days ago with a starting bid of $550 and BIN of $850.
    It had 24 minutes to go when I had to leave the house. Just got back and looked to see if it sold.

It was in well used condition.
    I figure someone here got it.

I was going to post the auction earlier today but, figured many were watching it anyway.

Who scored it?

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/120850916426?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

2. tibbon

tibbon Member

Funny, and people were certain of the prices skyrocketing more. Yet, this doesn't seem to be anywhere in the ballpark that you could have gotten one six months ago. Would it seem that... gasp.... people might be wrong about the 'huge collecter's market' that is out there?

3. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

I was thinking of this too. However, it was not in collector condition.

4. Marrrty

Marrrty Member

The silver - no horsie, always seem to sell for less and this one was used and loved quite a lot. But still seems like a bargain. Still heaps on the bay for the 1400 mark. And in regards to the collector market, I will put my house on these originals continuing to go up in price over time. Like anything old/ rare is good. Which would you prefer, Original DA Fuzzface or currently produced FF?

5. s360guitarist

s360guitarist Silver Supporting Member

Wait to see who lists one tomorrow ...then you'll know.

6. Hoth

Hoth Silver Supporting Member

Lots of people who felt they had to pay all the extra money for a Klon to use it live now see a light at the end of the tunnel after NAMM for a cheaper version. There will always be a collector's market but demand for the older Klon will likely go down since some percentage of the people who were paying the exorbitant prices will opt for the new one. Meaning demand will drop and so will prices since the supply of old Klon's will stay constant with fewer buyers chasing them.

7. itkindaworks

itkindaworks Member

You'll find that auctions by bids (especially ending on a Wednesday evening) aren't an accurate depiction of what something CAN sell for.

8. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Why Wednesdays? Just curious...

I usually tried to end my auctions around 9-10pm EST - not to late for easterners to bid, westerners are just getting home from work!

9. adamagain

adamagain Silver Supporting Member

:agree two years ago I read some article that said the best days to end auctions are Thursdays and Sunday's in the evening. I sell non guitar related wood profile tools (and some gear ) and ending auctions at these times has helped.

10. itkindaworks

itkindaworks Member

I don't often do bids(the fees are higher) but I've found ending on Sunday evening-night to yield the best results. I've snatched some stuff up in the middle of the week, seemingly because fewer are watching. YMMV

11. más_fuerte

más_fuerte Supporting Member

I was watching that auction to see how much it sold for.

12. itkindaworks

itkindaworks Member

Truth. 3 day auctions Thursday to Sunday work well too, I've seen quite a few of them.

13. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Yea, I agree with Sunday cuz everyone is home relaxing, potentially on their comp. I find Friday's to be the worst and Saturday night to be bad too - people go out and that is not profit-conducive.

14. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Interesting, I like to post Thusrday/Friday for 5 days to end at 8/9am PST. I've always had good luck and sell a lot to west coast bidders and get higher auction results. I sold 4 items this week, 2 sold to the west coast for more than I anticipated.

15. MG90

MG90 Member

I remember around 10 years ago original Tubescreamer TS808's where selling for $800+ which at the time was big money. Since then the reissues were released. Anyone know what the originals sell for now? Might be an example to foretell the Klon's future value...

Update: I checked eBay, and there are some TS808's from the '80's selling for $800-$900, but buy it now shows they are actually selling for between $500-$600.

16. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

The value of most vintage and/or collectable pedals has dropped in the last few years, not just those that have been reissued. I see it more as a sign of the economic times.

17. tibbon

tibbon Member

One thing to remember about the majority of the eBay "auctions" is that seemingly 90% of them now are just fixed price listing at really high prices. Doesn't mean anyone is buying them (a few are being sold here and there, but it doesn't show a strong market for them at that price, or they'd pop instantly).