Who builds Trainwreck style cabs?

sshan25

Supporting Member
I bought a Phaez mini-Trainwreck head on eBay and the beautiful finished wood cab got wrecked in transit by the USPS (a subject for another thread). The amp seems fine so l'd like to get a new box for it that is similar to the original. Does anyone do custom versions of these? I can supply the damaged cab as a template.

hvactech

Silver Supporting Member
I asked this same question and didn't get alot of feed back. I know I asked one cab builder, I forgot his name, and he quoted me like $250. One thing I did was Google local woodworkers in my area and called around for quotes. I got a real good price. All cherry wood, tung oil finish, dovetail joints for $200. Alot of the money was in joints, so ask for different options. All you have to do is bring in the chasis as a template. So if all else fails, call around an support you local woodworkers

Good luck

sshan25

Supporting Member
Randy didn't build the cab. The guy l bought it from did. Maybe l'll just buy a tolex one and move on.

sshan25

Supporting Member
If I were in the market for a custom cab there's only one place I'd look.

http://www.bobburtcabinets.com/

Be sure to wear a bib before opening the gallery, you'll need it.
I wish l could but it's a flash site and l have an Android. I wonder how much money businesses lose each year because their websites can't be viewed by more than 50% of the world's smartphones?

7P/XT

Trending Topics