Who builds Wilco/Pat Sansone's Telecasters?

TCauble

Who builds the custom Telecasters and other Fenders for Wilco and namely Pat Sansone of Wilco. They look like great quality and they sound fantastic, and I'm interested in the builder. Is it Nash, Creston, Danocaster or any of the other big names or some single luthier from somewhere?

Anyway thanks for the help!

And this odd 12 String Thinline here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/countfeed/3712008580/

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Don't know about the other two, but the red one in the middle looks like one of the Fender CS 'La Cabronita' ltd. ed. Teles. They came in both one and two pickup configurations, both with TV Jones Filtertron type pickups.

dylmit

Double Platinum Member
I believe the 12 string is a Nash as per a recent article in The Fretboard Journal. If you're a Wilco fan you should pick it up - it's the Fall, 2009 issue.

RocksOff

Who builds the custom Telecasters and other Fenders for Wilco and namely Pat Sansone of Wilco. They look like great quality and they sound fantastic, and I'm interested in the builder. Is it Nash, Creston, Danocaster or any of the other big names or some single luthier from somewhere?

Anyway thanks for the help!

And this odd 12 String Thinline here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/countfeed/3712008580/

Check out the man-boobs on the guy in the second pic... weird.

Yes, the second pictures is the aforementioned Fender CS 'La Cabronita', but I also think it is more than possible that Pat is just playing a '52 AVRI Tele.

Arc Angel

The 12 string Teles (Jeff's) were built by Nash. I think Pat was playing Fenders.

They travel with a lot of guitars! Especially for Jeff.

coldfingaz

This one is definitely a Fender:

I'll bet most, if not all of his other ones are Fenders too, but this is the one I've seen him play the most.

This guy is one of the best things about the current Wilco lineup.

TCauble

TCauble

Also note the marking on the top of the headstock - thats pretty Nash like. The neckwear is to perfect to be vintage

coldfingaz

I'm guessing that's a 52 RI. He used to play another burst 60's style one with binding, and that was a Fender also.

Arc Angel

Hi all,

I spent some time with Wilco this week. Nels Cline is using JAM Pedals and Nels and Pat took some time to test our new T1 Amp prototype during soundcheck in London.

I asked Pat this very question backstage after the show. He was quite amused by the TGP speculation. His main tele (the blonde) is a GVCG :)

He's not playing a Nash, although, Nels Cline was playing a Nash Tele that Bill gave to him. Check out the pics in our flickr thread.

Wilco in London

Trending Topics