Who can build Marshall 2x12 cab's

What's different apart from the cloth ?

I have seen a few for sale with the gray cloth, gold piping and logo on eBay. I love the 1936 cabs, I use two myself as they're easier to hump around than 4x12's.

cocheese

Supporting Member
Maybe Germino, Swanson, Mojotone? (Sorry if I'm repeating something you already know...)

Scumback Speakers

Gold Supporting Member
Look like 1936 cabs in size for sure. The 1922 is the 26.5" wide cab (fits the small box head), the 1936 is the 29.5" cab (fits the large box head). I though you could get these fairly easy at Mojotone, Swanson, Armadillo, or some of the other cab makers...

GTRJoe

Supporting Member
Check out Armadillo Amp Restoration. Will builds a very nice Marshall style 2X12. Here's the link to his siteArmadillo
Click on products, then on the photo gallery. I have the 2X12 that is pictured there. He does beautiful work.

sparkle**

Originally posted by KLB
You used to own Germino 2x12 cabs, correct?
They are about the same size as shown in the TQR photo.
Yes,

I may want something abit smaller then the germino cabs.

THe 1936's are smaller?

pluto

The Germino is almost (if not the same size) as the Bogner oversized 2x12. The 1936 is definitely smaller. I have a vibroworld 1936 repro (looks just like the one on the website with the checkerboard grille) that's very well made. I believe vibroworld also does the cabs for Mesa (not 100% sure, but that's what I hear). Mojotone of course can do anything as well.

sparkle**

Originally posted by pluto
The Germino is almost (if not the same size) as the Bogner oversized 2x12. The 1936 is definitely smaller. I have a vibroworld 1936 repro (looks just like the one on the website with the checkerboard grille) that's very well made. I believe vibroworld also does the cabs for Mesa (not 100% sure, but that's what I hear). Mojotone of course can do anything as well.
I may be leaning to Vibro, They have they on there site even.

DerekMinnich

The Germino cabinet is made by Mojotone....it is just a Bluesbreaker extension cabinet with the baffle removed in the front.

ROKY

Originally posted by sparkle**
I may be leaning to Vibro, They have they on there site even.
Vibroworld builds good stuff.

I've a 1960TV 4x12 of theirs that is as good as you could ask for.

Trending Topics