1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Who can copy a neck?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by supergenius365, Feb 12, 2008.

1. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

Anybody know who can make an exact copy of a Strat neck I own? every time I get a new guitar, I find myself missing my Strat neck. I have tried a few replacement necks on some partscasters, but none get close to what I want.

Thanks

2. Mikey Likes It

Mikey Likes It Silver Supporting Member

3. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

Any luthier with a duplicarver should be capable of making you a close to exact copy.

4. Drew816

Drew816 Supporting Member

Jon Silberman wrote:
    What in the heck is THAT? Is it something that a lot of luthiers are likely to have? Tell me where to find someone that will do this for a reasonable price and I'm in; I have the 'perfect neck' for me and I too am tired of selling off guitars and trying to mimic that neck so time to just send the axes out and have them 'cut' to match!

Thanks!

5. matt5150

matt5150 Either U Know Or U Don't Supporting Member

I would call Warmoth.

Actually I just did.

2) Totally Custom Neck; That’s right, we can make just about anything but must have a sample or very complete drawings to work from. Generally speaking, such a neck is going to cost in the $600 range. The work required for these custom necks is quite extensive, so we can only take on these projects during our slower parts of the year. If you have interests in this direction, please give us a call and we can discuss it further 253-845-0403.

Matt