Who can make me a neck cut to the same specs as my Tyler?

guitarua

I am looking for a company that I can send the specs off the Tyler website too, to make me a neck just like it as I love the feel and want it recreated for my strat.

Whatcha got?

Suhr will copy necks (at least he used too, not sure if they still do), but if you're going to pay the coin for a custom Suhr, you might as well just buy another Tyler...

TresGatos

Specs won't get you a matching neck (not enough detail), sending the neck will get you a matching neck.

Flinto2002

Specs won't get you a matching neck (not enough detail), sending the neck will get you a matching neck.
This. You need a complete digitized model of the neck, or a neck to copy from.

Most of the boutique builder guys will not just make a neck, you need to buy the whole guitar, which begs the question, why not just go to the guy who makes the best Tyler carve neck? Tyler himself.

Seems like you're looking for someone to help you knock off a Tyler. Not a lot of builders want to be complicit in activities like that. Guitar builders are a small community, and generally have eachothers back.

jiml

Gold Supporting Member
I went through a few Tylers, and what stuck was the feel of the neck. I got a custom neck from Musikraft for my current partscaster loosly based on my favorite Tyler specs (quartersawn, similar neck thickness and shape). They even rolled the fretboard edges like a Tyler, although not as deep as the Tylers I had. It has a satin, silky feel, resonates nicely too. While it does not feel exactly like the Tyler necks, it's not too far off. I think the quartersawn wood, rolled edges and similar carves get me close enough.

guitarua

Seems like you're looking for someone to help you knock off a Tyler. Not a lot of builders want to be complicit in activities like that. Guitar builders are a small community, and generally have eachothers back.
Whoa bud, that's a heavy accusation, and BTW, I OWN a Tyler already. I have a strat that sounds completely different, but love the feel of my Tyler neck. I want one that feels like it without the Tyler headstock. I'm not commissioning anyone to "knock off tyler". Sorry if someone pissed in your cornflakes today, but it wasn't me.

Flinto2002

Whoa bud, that's a heavy accusation, and BTW, I OWN a Tyler already. I have a strat that sounds completely different, but love the feel of my Tyler neck. I want one that feels like it without the Tyler headstock. I'm not commissioning anyone to "knock off tyler". Sorry if someone pissed in your cornflakes today, but it wasn't me.
In all fairness, your original post didnt mention anything about 'your' Tyler. It just said you were looking for someone to copy a Tyler neck from the website.

Since you have one, it should be a piece of cake to have the carve duplicated.

guitarua

In all fairness, your original post didnt mention anything about 'your' Tyler. It just said you were looking for someone to copy a Tyler neck from the website.

Since you have one, it should be a piece of cake to have the carve duplicated.
Says MY TYLER in the thread title.

Was more curious as to who does that kind of work. If Jim will make me one with a fender headstock I'm all in, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

eliot1025

Silver Supporting Member
Says MY TYLER in the thread title.

Was more curious as to who does that kind of work. If Jim will make me one with a fender headstock I'm all in, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
That's unlikely.

Have you asked Wildwood Guitars? (They're in CO.) You could try John Carruthers in Venice CA. Or Dan Erlewine (Ohio).

Last edited:

Trending Topics