Who DOESN'T like the Strymon Flint?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sleejay80, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Ben Sp

Ben Sp Member

I like the sound, but mine is frustratingly lacking as a dependable gigging pedal.

It forgets it's secondary settings (like effect order) all the time- better hope you have the manual handy or remember how to reset them.

About 20% of the time I try to engage/disengage the pedal, it doesn't respond. Engaging both footswitches at once fails even more often.

I hear a fraction-of-a-second gap in the signal when I engage/disengage the effect. Just enough to annoy you but not quite a dealbreaker. I've heard this in demo clips, like GMD's.

Build quality isn't great- footswitch washers come loose a lot. Box is flimsy too.

There must be something wrong with mine, as I've been told, but it works marginally well enough that I haven't gotten around to the futzing around with shipping it to Strymon, etc. I guess I think that something so expensive should just work... makes me hate digital pedals, this thing.

Whew

2. Malcolmallan

Malcolmallan Member

I love mine.... best spring reverb setting... my hof is a decent reverb pedal but in the spring sett8ng sounds like a toy compared to the flint..

Windup 43 likes this.