Who doodles pedal board ideas?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eric-d, Feb 19, 2006.

1. eric-d

eric-d Member

I must be bored or just worthless spending so much time in Photo-Shop doodling what I want my board to look like. :BEER

Or it's just I stay up late and my wife doesn't. I need something to pass the time with my beer. :AOK This isn't finished but I've been working on it for about 6 hours over the course of the past few days.

Let me see your doodles and what not....

[​IMG]

2. onemind

onemind Member

Hey Dev, how do you get the fonts so accurate, and your textures are excellent as well....I just work in Illustrator....now I'm embarrassed!
    [​IMG]

3. exhausted

exhausted Member

constantly when i'm bored. if i've got a pedal on the way, i'll draw new layouts to try to fit it in somewhere. or just trying to figure out different signal routings etc.

but just by hand.

4. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

I *just* draw on paper sometimes... :( I've never seen a more realistic concept board before yours though! That looks almost useable. Print it out and see if you can plug in!

5. eric-d

eric-d Member

Cut and paste the logo's in photoshop.... :)

6. exodus

exodus Member

wow--that's pretty amazing.

7. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Yeah...REALLY nice. How about dumbing down the process so us non-graphics folk can understand how you do that?

I'd love to be able to "doodle" like that!

8. eric-d

eric-d Member

Here's a quicky oh how to make the logos and pic on the pedals look right.

It's called CUT & PASTE ...

[​IMG]

9. eric-d

eric-d Member

I think it's done.... My wife's gonna kill me for buying all of this stuff... :)

[​IMG]

10. billybob77036

billybob77036 Member

I photochoped what I want my whole setup to look like from that guitargeek.com site one day. I still have it somewhere, but have no place to host it.

11. eric-d

eric-d Member

www.imageshack.us

12. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

Wow do I feel like a loser. Sometimes at work I'll just grab a PostIT pad and scribble down a layout that I think might work. Photoshop is my enemy. It refuses to learn how to work with me.

Scott:jo

13. exodus

exodus Member

yea, i just use the drawing tool in MS Word to draw little text boxes. It's nice because it is so easy to move things around.

as far as those pedals go devil-tone:
    I've owned or currently own all but the chorus and the ad-80 delay (I assume that's what it is... the small maxon).

They are all very nice. My $.02: I think the klon buffer screws with fuzz placed before or after it. The the swamp thang (which I love) can run out of headroom if it is slammed too hard. And other than that, I prefer my vibe at the end of the od chain. Looks good though.

14. EXP

EXP Member

same here, im computer illiterate when it comes to that stuff. i just scribble layouts on paper, occasionally ill color the board.:D

15. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Excellent! Thanks!

Followup question...I'm not sure but it looks to me like you have the correct size ratio. I mean, it looks like the pedals are all scale. How do you do that? Is it because you take all photos from the same distance from the pedals? Or is there some way to scale to actual inches with ratio?

16. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

That stuff looks really cool.. You should take it even further and make like a little software out of it. Pedal Planner Pro/2000 or something like that ;)

I've just made empty boxes with paint and then printed out the basic layout and then written on the boxes.. And felt really stupid about it afterwards.. There's nothing like going to take copies of the sheet you've just made to the office copy room and hope no one turns up and accidentally see what you're doing ;)

Yes, I also draw them, but they always look like s***.

17. tocs100

tocs100 Member

+1. The Photoshop work looks great though.:angel

18. billybob77036

billybob77036 Member

[​IMG]

It's a little more then I list in my siggy.;)

19. asdf

asdf Member

Now that is some great stuff! Thats really funny, I thought I was the only 1 scribbling little pedalboards all day long. I do it sometimes in Microsoft Paint, but by hand most of the time.

20. eric-d

eric-d Member

Nah... The scale ratio is just guessing. I've been around pedals all my guitar career. I know hammond box sizes compared to wah sizes. Also I looked at the Pedal Board Photo's on here and checked out everyones boards. That helped me with a couple sizes. It's all eye balling and guessin'! :AOK