Who else loves the Fralin Pure Paf?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by hurtwoodec, Mar 7, 2014.

1. hurtwoodec

hurtwoodec Member

Hey all, Ive got an R7 loaded with Fralin Pure Pafs with a 5% overwind and I love them! They sound just like what I wanted in my head.

Anyone else out there love these Fralins? I don't read them mentioned much when discussions pop up about great PAFs.

2. ChampReverb

ChampReverb Silver Supporting Member

I'm planning on buying the neck pickup sometime soon.

-bEn r.

3. still.ill

still.ill Member

funny i thought pure pafs by fralin were looked upon as the cream of the crop

4. redshark1105

redshark1105 Member

I think it is a very underrated pickup. I love them and wouldn't use any other humbucker. Fralin pure PAF's rock!!!!

5. Joe L

Joe L Supporting Member

Have them in my Heritage H555 and am very happy with the clean/clear tone. The neck pup is the clearest I have heard in a humbucker. Chords are very articulate whereby you can hear each note.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  6. bulbasaur_85

bulbasaur_85 Member

Just installed a set of pure paf's in my 05 lp standard and I must say they are a HUGE improvement over the bb pros. This set has an amazing clean tone - fat tone, good attack, And the best part is the overall brightness. All other humbuckers I've tried the bridge pup is way too bright, but the eq is so sweet on both the neck and bridge. Made tjus guitar so much more versatile. I can't praise Fralin enough on this set!!!

7. Bajan

Bajan Member

I have a 7.8/8.2k set that I got a few years ago. They currently reside in a Bonamassa studio LP. Fantastic pickups. All three positions sound great and the neck pickup actually has clarity. Really articulate and clear yet creamy at the same time. No harshness at all.

8. rummy

rummy Member

9. Bajan

Bajan Member

Yea I did the same thing.
    [​IMG]

10. Clayyo

Clayyo Member

What is the value of the capacitors? What wire scheme are you using? I can't decide between the PAF's, p92's, or the p90's. I have a set of Fralin Blues in my Strat and am pretty dedicated to Fralin. Great pickups by a guy who answers most of the phone calls.

11. Bajan

Bajan Member

Mine shown above has the .022uf Luxe Bees, the RS CTS 500k super pots and is wired 50s style. So just standard vintage values and wiring for a Les Paul.

12. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

Hmmmm. I have a set of his HO PAFs in a Les Paul. Plenty of umph, still very musical. ..

13. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

PurePAF set in my PRS. No need to look back now...they sound great! Lindy consulted with me on the phone three times to get the right specs for my guitar. After a proper setup and screwpole adjustment, I can say that the clarity and balance of this set is unbeatable. Yeah...I am a fan....

14. bulbasaur_85

bulbasaur_85 Member

Hands down the best humbuckers I've tried. I've tried most of the popular options from lollar, wolfetone, Gibson, and fralins other buckers

15. ReddRanger

ReddRanger Member

I put a set in my Les Paul a couple of years ago and they've been there ever since. I really like them.

16. rummy

rummy Member

When I ordered the Fralins from Angela music, they sent me those .022uf caps for free. I said why not, and threw them in there. I'm using the standard 50's wiring.

17. CS'56

CS'56 Member

I put them in my R8 about 4 or 5 years ago. I love them and have NO desire to replace these pickups

mcuguitar likes this.