• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Who gigs their vintage guitars and amps?

hogy

Silver Supporting Member
I love seeing the old stuff getting used the way it was intended. Let's see some vintage gig rig pictures!

Here's a couple from recent gigs:

'55 Strat, '59 Super Amp

'54 Goldtop, '65 Vibrolux Reverb

Last edited:

WornFrets

Gold Supporting Member
My '61 ES-355 (main guitar) and '63 Jazzmaster (backup) come out to every gig. '63 Bassman comes out on rare occasions only; for weddings, it's best to have as silent a stage as we can manage, so I typically use a Strymon Iridium (which is fantastic).

I'm looking for a 50's TV Special to add to the rotation (please let me know if you have a cool player-grade example!)

I also brought the '55 ES-295 out earlier this year, which I hadn't done in a very long time.

slimdave

On a side note, I’d would be cool to know what pedals you gig your vintage gear with. I’m getting more and more minimal with pedals, but it would be cool to 2-3 pedals that don’t color the sound, but give possibilities.

hogy

Silver Supporting Member
On a side note, I’d would be cool to know what pedals you gig your vintage gear with. I’m getting more and more minimal with pedals, but it would be cool to 2-3 pedals that don’t color the sound, but give possibilities.
The only thing that I use 99% of the time is a Komet Mirasol boost. It's set to unity or just a touch above, and it's always on. It's like MSG for my tone, just makes everything better. There's usually some form of OD on the board, but it's never used in real gigging. It's just on there for really low volume restaurant gigs. Currently there's an old Hot Cake in that slot that I bought new in 1994.

Other than that, I like modulation. Leslie (RotoChoir) or currently an old Small Stone. Trem is a must, too. Crazy Tube Circuits Memphis, or just a Strymon Flint.

Always have a wah, too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom