Who gigs with a Two Rock Jet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Kborg, May 7, 2008.

1. Kborg

Kborg Silver Supporting Member

I am insanely considering another amp and I have heard some clips on the Jet that have impressed me. My biggest question is how well the MV works. All of the amps I have now are NMV and I end up having to attenuate them often. I'm not looking for bedroom volume but I need something where a 3 piece with a light handed drummer can play a smaller pub and not have to loose most of the magic tone that I bought an amp for when I turn it down.

Also, all my amps are single channel so I ussually get my clean to grind and in between with picking attack and volume control and an occasional pedal. Will the clean break up and the gain channel clean up with attack and guitar volume changes?

2. Kborg

WOW These are supposed to be great amps but apparently no one uses them.

3. Nolatone Ampworks

Nolatone Ampworks Silver Supporting Member

Ya gotta figure anyone who's got one and gigs with it is out either a) gigging, or b) working a coupla extra jobs to pay for it!:rolleyes:

4. knob

knob Member

a two rock turned down.. is going to sound better than any other amp you own cranked up..

5. cnardone

cnardone Member

I've got a Custom (50 watts). So it is not quite the same but I can say this:

House volume with Wife / kids watching TV up stairs is still Magic. Baby sleeping upstairs still sounds good, but it is not magic. If you go with the 22W version, I bet the sweet spot for volume with fantastic.

6. Page

Page Member

I have a Two Rock Jet 1x12 combo that I gig with. I bought it after I got tired at being whined at by sound engineers about my onstage volume. I run it about a third on the dial where the clean gets interesting and the overdrive starts to sound the way it should. It still gets loud but its more controllable than my other amps which are Dr Z Carman Ghia and Maz 38 Snr heads through a 1x12 Dr Z cab, a SF Deluxe Reverb and a Tech 21 Trademark 60.

7. Kborg

:AOKNow this is some useful information. This is the kind of stuff I want to hear from Jet owners. Thanks

8. trap

trap Supporting Member

i gig with my jet combo. here is a crappy recording at a pub with a drummer and bass. if thats the volume you mean then yes it's great at that . pardon the sound quality but it was a zoom recorder on the end of the bar, but you get the jist of it.and yes, it is extremely sensitive to pick attack and volume control. mine is set up with 6L6's for 35 watts, but i'm sure 6V6's at 22 watts would allow you to really crank it up in your situation.
    http://www.loudjoy.com/openmic.mp3