Who has a Yamaha 1412 or 1421

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Gentry, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Gentry

Gentry Member

I'd like to know if anyone who reads this page has either or both Yamaha 1412, or 1421?

And if you do, could you be kind enough to post photo's.

Thanks guys!

2. aeronius

aeronius Member

Man I've been looking for one for forever. I've only seen a few on eBay within the last 4 or 5 years. It was a toss up between a 1412 and a PRS Cu24 when I bought my first "high-end" electric. In the end I decided that I wanted a hardtail so I went w/ the PRS. But man that Yamaha was sweet. I've been wanting to add the 1412, a Weddington, and an Image to my collection for quite some time, but they rarely show up.

3. Gentry

Gentry Member

I have seen the same thing in my own search, I guess I'm going to call Yamaha and see how many they made because you rarely see them for sale.

I'll let everyone know if I find out anything.

4. reentune

reentune Supporting Member

I had a Pacifica 1221 with the maple neck/board with Z inlays.
    I sure wish I'd kept it.

5. Gentry

Gentry Member

I called Yamaha, and they had no info on these guitars, they told me to try and contact Yamaha Japan. Now that's unusual, because usually they are very helpful with information and support.

6. jbbusybee

jbbusybee Member

This is an interesting thread. I have been looking for a 904 for years and never found one. I waited ages for an SA2200 to come for sale 2nd hand but eventually bought one new, and they don't come in to the stores too often.

I have a theory that in a few years time these guitars will become more collectable than all the Fender/Gibson collectors edition etc.

7. shadowbox

shadowbox Supporting Member

I searched Google Images and couldn't find a pic of either model. I'm unfamiliar w/ these - what style guitar is this - sb?, semi?, hollow?

8. Gentry

Gentry Member

It's a solid body jazzed up strat style, shredder with dimarzzio's.

9. Axemeister

Axemeister Member

Yamaha has made some great instruments. I have an SA2200. It is truly a wonderful guitar.

I also have a collection of Studio Lord Yamaha LP's from the 70's and they are quite nice too. These have increased a few bucks in value but still stand out as a bargain.

I almost snagged a Weddington a few years back for a low price, but hesitated and it went to somebody else.

10. Lex Luthier

Lex Luthier Member

This one belongs to my brother. And before you ask, the answer is no, he won't sell it.
    [​IMG]

11. Gentry

Gentry Member

Hey Jbbusybee, I know someone who has a 904 in very nice condtion that they'd be willing to part with, are you interested?

12. Yamaha 1421

Yamaha 1421 Supporting Member

Hello Guys, I collect Yamaha guitars..........the discontinued high end models,Yamaha still makes a great guitar for the money...I just prefer the used older guitars. I have 5 Yamaha Weddingtons[2 Customs and 3 Classics] 2 of which I bought from some nice sellers on The Gear Page. I also have a Yamaha Pacifica 1421 and and SBG-2500. [Japan Market Only Issue] as far as non Yamaha guitars I have a Aria Pro II 1512 "Super Twin" 6 & 12 doubleneck and I just bought a Peavey Odyssey with a very nice flame top in 59 burst finish. and.......... I still have my 1985 62 Reissue Fender Stratocaster in CAR that is now so beautifully worn that it mimics the look feel and sound of a "Real" one. I have owned many guitars but discovered along the way that great guitars don't have to say Gibson or Fender on them.......... once you can get over playing the "Name Game" your can appreciate what fine guitars these are. I'd love a 1412 but they are so hard to run across and when you do its NFS. its really the same guitar as the 1421 only with a flame top and the way the guitar is finished it allows the construction details to show through. I had a line on one here but it sold [I believe] for ALOT of money........ I'd still love to find one, I'd offer some decent cash in keeping with the rarity of the guitar..........maybe a trade also but........no luck yet..........I'm a patient man so maybe my time will come with a bit of luck. BTW thats a beautiful 1412[awesome color!] Lex, as far as your brothers NFS sign I can't blame him one bit. may I ask where he found it?...........private seller, music store, Ebay? found my 1421 in a music store in Minneapolis,nobody even gave it a look..........near mint with OHSC,the seller who had it died and some of his collection of 50 guitars ended up at this store, the 1421 was one of them,very pleased to have found that one.

13. Shredcow

Shredcow Member

These guitars NICE.

There was an interview a friend showed me... an online interview, of how these guitars were made and it was really impressive. Actually, it was impractical for a production guitar!

14. jbbusybee

jbbusybee Member

Let's have some Japanese guitar pictures up. I'll try and work out how to post today

15. Lex Luthier

Lex Luthier Member

Hey, I checked out that 1421 at TT, but I bought 2 other of that guys guitars instead. My brother found that one in Duluth.
    Did you buy the Odyessy from Jim Harms?

16. Gentry

Gentry Member

Well, I finally figured out how to post photos here, so hopefully today I'll put a few photo's up of my own 1412 & 1421.

I'm just surprised that so few people have them, and only one photo has been uploaded. Doesn't anyone else have one?

17. Yamaha 1421

Yamaha 1421 Supporting Member

Hello, Yes the construction on the Weddingtons and the Pacifica 1412 & 1421 was very complex..........all the different wood laminations, to build something like that then have it turn out............. certainly a very labor intensive built guitar, not many of either the Pacifica 1412 or 1421 were made as they were very expensive guitars back in the day......diitto for the Weddington Customs and Classics also.you don't see many around for sale thats for sure. Yamaha Guitar designer Rich Lasner's response when asked how many were made was.............not many............so. glad to have run across the ones I have,I have to thank some nice sellers here on the Gear Page for atleast 3 of these amazing Yamaha beasts I now own........ I have been very lucky!

18. Maxsamom

Maxsamom Member

This thing is mint mint mint, see pics on ebay. Just search Yamaha 1412. This is practically brand new. Is a 1991 model, roseburst. She is really smooth and really beautiful. Go bid on her!

19. Maxsamom

Maxsamom Member

I just read my previous post, it may not have made sense. I actually have for sale a Yamaha Pacifica 1412. It is the translucent red or roseburst I think it is called. I bought it brand new in 1992 I think. It is a 1991 model. I have everything, original case, all the stuff it came with, even the original dry chem pouch. It has spent many years in a case in my closet with all my other guitars. This one rarely got played. I think these guitars are absolutely beautiful. I am almost hesitant to sell. Anyway, just thought I would let all you guys know. It is on ebay.