Who has an unchanged pedalboard for over 5 years?

Funky54

So, I’m guessing this will go about 3 posts before disappearing. I’ve said “I’m done” about four times now.

Why is it I went from using two echoplexes and one TS pedal for close to 20 years, to now being restless and fickle?

Last edited:

cardinal

For well over 5 years, I just used a CAE wah, a MIT SD-1, and an OD808.

A month or two back, I blew that up to try to find something that worked better with my 8-strings and was having too much fun to stop. But hopefully I have settled on what I have now: Crybaby, MIJ SD-1, Fortin 33, CE-2, DM-2

FokenBusker

I dream of having a pedalboard I won't change. But that's just a dream. And with this technological renaissance that pedals have received, I doubt I'll ever see the day. But on the brights side, DOPE TONES

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
I’ve had 2 additions, out of 12 pedals, in the last three years.

I’m building a small board and my old Pedaltrain 2 seems so excessive and large! I really never used my larger board to its fullest potential.

cosmicevan

I was going to say I'm using the same board for the past 10 years, it's the pedals that change...but today I mailed that actual board out to a new home - so even from a board perspective I've changed.

rawkguitarist

Damn... I was about to type yes. But I got a Nemesis delay about 3 years ago.

The other 9 pedals have been there for at least 5 years. Although, I don't necessarly think its a mark to be proud of. Great players change things around quite a bit. Paul Gilbert for one (yes I mention him a lot, because he's my favorite player and I take online lessons from him - so I learn quite a bit about him all the time) - he has a home made pedal board with Velcro on it and changes stuff around probably weekly.

DonaldDemon

My main board is going on 3 years unchanged but eventually when I get some scratch I am going to actually downsize it and add a programmable switching system. I'm not not looking to add anything new though.

fetishfrog

I had one untouched for about 8-9 years. I used it often and eeked everything out of it I could.

I am doing a major revision over the next several months and then it'll likely go untouched for some time.