Who has an unchanged pedalboard for over 5 years?

althekiller

Supporting Member
I change my board often but as far as the types of effects it's always been the same for at least 5 years.

Tuner, wah, vibe, boost (usually rangemaster style), fuzz (usually a muff style), delay.

I've pretty much been using different brands and variations of these 6 effects for as long as I've been using pedalboards.

Don't think that counts as the same exact board for 5+ years though.

J5jarod777

So, I’m guessing this will go about 3 posts before disappearing. I’ve said “I’m done” about four times now.

Why is it I went from using two echoplexes and one TS pedal for close to 20 years, to now being restless and fickle?
Kinda like walking into an AA meeting and ask "raise your hand if you haven't had a drink in 5 years"

TubeStack

Supporting Member
I just went four and a half years with a completely unchanged board (2014-18). Bought an HXFX that replaced a few pedals on it, so that was the change.

dsmc80

So, I’m guessing this will go about 3 posts before disappearing. I’ve said “I’m done” about four times now.

Why is it I went from using two echoplexes and one TS pedal for close to 20 years, to now being restless and fickle?
After you've tried almost everything under the sun, you focus your energies elsewhere and also realize you are chasing ghosts.

Badtone

Silver Supporting Member
I built my first one about 5 years ago, haven’t changed anything since. I’m not much of a pedal guy, I usually plug straight into an amp. I hope this doesn’t get me banned...

I will say, all the pedal chatter I read here intrigues me, but I’m resisting the slippery slope... so far.

Trending Topics