Who Has Bought a Guitar from zZounds?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by ked, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ked

ked Supporting Member

I've never purchased anything there and am looking at buying a guitar from them. Was curious about how well they handle customer service as far being able to return an item that is faulty or has flaws. Input appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

2. philamag87

philamag87 Silver Supporting Member

I've purchased stuff from SameDay Music which is the exact same thing as zZounds from what I can tell and I have had excellent success with them. I purchased a lot of pedals to try out and then returned no questions asked. I did buy an Ibanez Artcore from SameDay a few years ago. I did keep the guitar so I can't comment on the returns for guitars but from all the pedals I got it was painless. I would definitely buy from zZounds or SameDay Music before GC, Musicians Choice or Music123, just based on cheap 2day shipping!

3. colinesquire

colinesquire Member

They are a great company. Bought lots of stuff from them. They ship very quick & are located in NJ so for me in NY I get next day.

4. ked

ked Supporting Member

I appreciate the input. I've only done business online with Musicians Friend and Music123.

Ken

5. airportbar

airportbar Member

Highly recommended. Better than MF and GC IMO.

Plus if one of the other companies has an online special (like a coupon code) try emailing zZOunds and they will beat the price by a decent chunk.

Had to return something a while back due to poor Gibson QC, and they handled it great. Just ordered from them again (Epi 339) and it turned out perfectly.

6. Drawde

Drawde Member

I've bought from them, just as good as MF and Music123, also they will give you 20% off. Not sure if it works on ANY thing but everytime I've tried they have. coupon code UN-EZ20.

7. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

8. XmasTree

XmasTree Member

i recently bought a Jazzmaster from there

..didn't have to return it, ...as it is AWESOME!!!!

Good customer service! ...will price match any discount plus a little more!

AND they upgraded my shipping to NEXT DAY AIR, just because I called and was a little confused about the shipping!

DUDE, just call the 800 number and ask them their policy about returning a guitar!

9. capt4inslow

capt4inslow Member

Got my TC Electronic Flashback discounted through zZounds the week they came out.

Not a guitar, but their policy remains on all items they carry.

10. Iceman6937

Iceman6937 Member

Zzounds is good people.

11. Badfrog

Badfrog Member

I returned two guitars to them recently and it was pretty easy to do. I really like that they will beat any deal MusiciansFriend puts out. They will always have the lowest price due to that fact.

12. 909one

909one Member

I used to work in the incoming call center at zZounds and I can speak from first hand experience that the people there care about customer service. Their corporate office is located in Chicago and a lot of people that work there are involved in the Chicago scene somehow. Lots of good people working there.

13. Hard2Hear

Hard2Hear Member

I had to return some studio monitors to them and it was extremely easy to do. I've bought several things from them before and since with no problems.

14. ked

ked Supporting Member

Thanks for the input fellas. Based on the good words here, I went ahead and ordered from them.

Ken

15. Guitarist4u36

Guitarist4u36 Member

You'll like them. Both Zzounds and American Musical Supply are great companies. I've bought tons of stuff from both of them.

16. Mikey Likes It

Mikey Likes It Silver Supporting Member

I'll vouch, as well. Got a LP Classic from them. One other company with over-the-top customer service is Sweetwater.

17. Preacherofrock

Preacherofrock Member

I bought the best strat I have ever played from zzounds. It is a great company that has earned many repeat purchases from me.

18. eastonmaxx

eastonmaxx Member

Hey guys, question on zZounds. Where do I apply a coupon code with them? I'm not seeing any option to put one in on checkout? Any suggestions on where I need to be looking?

19. XmasTree

XmasTree Member

i recently bought a Jazzmaster from them with the split payments
    ..worked out really well. they upgraded my shipping simply for contacting customer service.
    no problem
    it's obviously a really good company to order from....
    ..especially if you don't have the $1000+ dollars to buy what you are looking at

20. airportbar

airportbar Member

You have to call them.