Who has moved from Fender to Two-Rock and regret it?

Mikeroesoft

Silver Supporting Member
I went from a vintage Fender to a Two-Rock with no regrets and have subsequently moved on from the Two-Rock. My main amp is a JTM45 of sorts and it suits me the best. Just the right amount of headroom, volume and the perfect feel. I will say that I run it into a vertical 2x12 loaded with KTS70s most of the time which is left over from the Two-Rock rig. Makes a big difference to a bass-y amp.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
For big 6L6 cleans I moved to Carr Rambler (chassis 119) in the early 2000's and never looked back - with the T/M/B tone control on the Rambler I can dial in Princeton or Deluxe Reverb kinds of voicing with ease, use my Palmer PDI09 Di box to FOH and I'm as clean and big as a Twin Reverb in the PA, but stage volume is still tolerable. For a boo-teak kind of amp the Rambler, with it's deeper cab, is priced well, voiced big and plentiful on the used market - Carr builds solid, great, hand-wired amps with "that voice" that can be passed down to the younger generation, like Leo's orig. stuff.

mryoho

Silver Supporting Member
I sold off several Fender amps to consolidate to a Two Rock Studio Signature in 2019. I haven’t looked back, but I did keep my silverface deluxe, though it is in storage 1000 miles away.

I play it mostly clean and use pedals for dirt. I brought six amps to record my last ep and ended up using only the Two Rock.

caspersvapors

Silver Supporting Member
I sold off several Fender amps to consolidate to a Two Rock Studio Signature in 2019. I haven’t looked back, but I did keep my silverface deluxe, though it is in storage 1000 miles away.

I play it mostly clean and use pedals for dirt. I brought six amps to record my last ep and ended up using only the Two Rock.
are you secretly someone famous??

Dontchaknow

Silver Supporting Member
For big 6L6 cleans I moved to Carr Rambler (chassis 119) in the early 2000's and never looked back - with the T/M/B tone control on the Rambler I can dial in Princeton or Deluxe Reverb kinds of voicing with ease, use my Palmer PDI09 Di box to FOH
HA! Exact same setup including a semi permanent (velcro mounted, but i leave it in and connected all the time) PDI09. Great rig for anything from tiny coffeeshop to full stage.

Tweedo

Gold Supporting Member
Not me. Once I played a Two Rock I stopped buying other amps. And bought a few more Two Rocks. I prefer the older higher gain TR’s. Opal, Classic Type 3, J2, Emerald Pro.

charley

Gold Supporting Member
I went from being a die hard vintage Fender guy to Two Rock, and I have massive regrets.

I spent a few years selling gear that I no longer used, saving, and honing in on excellent vintage Fender amps. Over the years I bought a 1965 Deluxe, 1965 Bassman, and a 1966 Pro Reverb. Each one is amazing.

Last year I bought a 100 watt Bloomfield Drive and fell in love.

I’m not selling any of my vintage fenders, and I still use them a lot. But now I also want a few more Two Rocks. And that’s the problem. Two Rock didn’t replace Fender, but became “in addition to Fender” in my life.

If I’d have just stuck with Fender, I would have been able to afford that beach vacation I’ve been waiting to take!

Strat_lover

Silver Supporting Member
I swapped a '68 Fender SFDR with a JBL D120F, and a big handful of cash for the 1st K&M Custom(#22) 50 w/loop. Thought I was an idiot until I got it home and plugged it in(I traded it away when I stroked 14 years ago). The 2nd K&M Custom 50(#27), I paid cash to another TGPer. No regrets, my favorite. I also own a 1970 SFDR Overdrive Deluxe conversion, a '79 SFC, a '65 BF Princeton NR, and a Early 50's Octal 5E3. Depending on the day, its a good day. Fender or a Two Rock.

My '65 Princeton NR is creeping into my favorite amps of all time. What a huge sounding little thing, with ridiculous headroom that you wouldnt assume from its specs. It's become my main gigging amp over the last few years

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
HA! Exact same setup including a semi permanent (velcro mounted, but i leave it in and connected all the time) PDI09. Great rig for anything from tiny coffeeshop to full stage.
I put a rectangle of clean sheet metal on the bottom back of the Rambler and Gaffer Taped it to the amp and put a Velcro Hooks piece on that to accept the PDI09. I need to move the PDI09 between the Rambler and my Mesa Cali-Tweed head/cab rig. I have the velcro on the tilt-back leg of the head/cab amp stand for that use. Good stuff. The Palmer is a remarkable little gadget for the cost of a modest pedal, that really simplifies a guitarist's life and sounds great every time doing so.
Here's the Cali-Tweed head/cab rig from a week ago today at a beach party gig.
4JAZ0f5.jpg

Top Bottom