Who has played/bought the EHX C9?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Luca1979, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Luca1979

Luca1979 Supporting Member

I guess it's been around for a while now, how do you like it?
    I have a B9 and was wondering how different/better/worse the C9 is.

Thanks!

2. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

I bought both the B9 and the C9 when they came out. I wish I had waited and only bought the C9. For me it is MUCH more functional on a guitarists pedalboard than the B9. The B9 does very good B3 sims - but it can be strident. The C9 is much smoother, with a better range of patches for what most guitarists do, IME.

3. EwingChi

EwingChi Member

The click can be dialed out more easily. The mellotron mode is great, the Telstar mode is just ok. I wish I could add the b9 bell orgs mode to the c9, that's the only mode I really miss.

4. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

So, most guys are digging the C9 over the B9? I want to pick one or the other... guess it should be the C9?

5. e???

e??? Member

C9 looks like a lot more fun, unless you just specifically want the more normal organ sounds. The B9 has a lot of normal organ sounds and you can tweak them to your liking, but the C9 has a few plus a few more different unique sounds. The guy at my guitar store said when I asked about them: "they did really good demo videos for those pedals". I think what he meant was they look cooler on the video than most guitarists will find practical purposes for. They look cool to me though, especially the C9

6. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

Yeah... most situations I do not really see how I will be able to use them, but I do play with one instrumental band and was thinking I might be able to cop some of that Oz Noy stuff he does where he will play single note lines and then chords with his leslie pedal on in almost the same phrase. Other than that, I have a slow month musically until the end of the month which means more playing around the house so I have time to mess around with things versus learning and working on songs that need to be played out or recorded.