Who has swapped pickups in their G&L Legacy?

phsyconoodler

I played live last night with my rewired Legacy and it was absolutely gorgeous! Articulate and chime and then I hit my drive pedal. Sweet beyond words!
Never will the PTB system ever go back I this guitar!

bigben55

My '93 came with Duncans, wouldn't change them at gunpoint.
\

I have a 1993 as well and love the Seymour Duncans, especially the neck. Mine was used when I bought it in 1998 and had a SD JB Jr in the bridge which I hated. I replaced it way back then with a Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Blues. Its a hotter, bright noiseless single coil. It'd be too bright if not for the PTB controls, but I still like it. THE only bummer is the middle+neck position isnt hum cancelling anymore, but the bridge is almost noiseless, and if playing with any kind of gain, thats the position I'd prefer to be hum cancelling. If you havent, install the expander switch/S500 mod. Its cheap and easy and adds 2 more tones to the guitar. The neck+bridge is very useful to me.

18 years and at least 12 other electrics later, my Legacy is still my #1.

I also love the PTB, but on my S-500 (MFD higher output singles rather than the "traditional" Legacy pups) I have to dial down the bass and treble as well as volume to get it into any kind of vintage territory. Bass goes to 5, treble to 7.5, and volume to 7.5 for a start.
Loves me some S-500s ...great guitars

I have a 1999 Legacy that I switched out the pickups for Lindy Fralin Blues Specials. I did not like the originals because, as the OP suggested, they sounded too modern. To clarify, I found them rather generic and lacking in the chime found in more vintage style pickups.

I got exactly that with the Fralins with no change in electronics. Perhaps the bridge affects the sound somewhat but, for the most part, it has a much more vintage Stratty sound.
I have '95 Legacy with a Lindy Blues Special in the neck .. Love it .. love it .. Lovvvve it

Ridgeback

I never felt the need to change the stock G&L alnicos in my George Fullerton but I did put a Lollar Blackface set in my S-500. Never warmed up to the strat sized MFDs. I really liked the larger MFDs in my two ASAT Specials though.

Trending Topics