Who Has Switched to a Pedaltrain pedalboard?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Josh O, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Josh O

Josh O Member

Do you regret doing it? I've been using a Furman pedalboard for about four years now but I'm at a point with my effects that I've gone two rows and I'm thinking switching to something like the Pedaltrain which is more of a tier design. Do you find that your pedals are easier to access or tougher to access now? How about your wah? It seems as though it would be easier to use on the Pedaltrain. The thing that concerns me the most is my ZVex Trem probe, I want to be able to anchor my heel on the ground instead of float my foot above the copper plate but I don't think it would be possible to do so on the Pedaltrain. I'm having a hard enough time doing that with my Furman.

2. Chadley

Chadley Supporting Member

I just recently began using a Pedaltrain Pro and I love it. The build quality is second to none. There are other boards with more bells and whistles, but that wasn't what I was looking for.

As far as height goes, I don't use a wah or a pedal that I have to hover my foot over. I do use a volume pedal and have no issues with the height of the board. You might run into a problem with the probe and being able to anchor your foot onto something as you use it. There is no lip around the edge of the pedaltrain though, so it might work. I use a boss Tap tempo pedal and I am able to anchor my foot on the ground and tap really easily.

3. prsflame

prsflame Member

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

i love my pedaltrain's, both regular and jr. models. lightweight, and tough as nails. what's no to love? also, i love the fact that i can cleanly route the cables underneath the board. makes for a very clean look.

5. Madsman

Madsman Member

My Pedaltrain Pro should arrive this week. (Bump)

6. claptonisgood

claptonisgood Member

i have been using the Jr for a about a year now and love it. one big advantage over other boards i have used/tried is the fit and finish of the carry bag...it is sized perfectly and there is never a problem zipping/unzipping

7. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

I've been looking at the Pedaltrain Jr. too, but I'm still undecided. I'm a bit worried about the wires that run under the rails unprotected. I would like to see some pics of the back of a wired PT.

Cheers,

Johan.

8. tfire

tfire Member

I wouldn't worry about that, you can easily tuck the cables out of harm's way. Here's my Pedaltrain Pro a while ago.

[​IMG]

9. loudguitarz

loudguitarz Member

I use a Pedaltrain Pro for fly dates. It is great! John is great,too. American Airlines managed to loose one of ours(we fly 3). John replaced it at cost.

10. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

+1 on the Pro. I use a wah, tap tempo, and a volume pedal (from time to time) and have no issues with the height of the board. And the build quality is fantastic. Also, John (Chandler, a.k.a. Mr. pedalTrain is a super guy and will stand by his boards).

The only downfall is that the flight case is pretty large. It fits the board perfectly, but if you're a weekend warrior, schlepping your own gear, and you like to get everything loaded in in one load, the size of the PT pro might be a liability.

But if your only concern is the protection of the cables running beneath, it's no trouble to zip-tie them to the rails. I just cut my patch cables to correct length and leave them running freely below the board and have NEVER had a problem. The case also has a side compartment for additional velcro and cables, so I keep an extra few feet of George L's in there with some tips and a razor blade to cut a new length if I wanna swap out stompboxes on the fly (which I ALSO keep in the side compartment). It's a great board.

11. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

I have the regular Pedaltrain model. It's a great board. If you need to anchor your foot for the ZVex Wah, you could possibly leave a few inches on the board in front of the ZVex free, and then you could place your heel there. Just a thought.

12. itsLars

itsLars Member

Hi,

+1!
    I use a regular Pedaltrain and i'm absolutely satisfied.

Bye,
    Lars

13. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Another happy Pedaltrain user.

Got mine about a year ago at a MF blowout for $69 with the road case. Amazing value at that price (even at the regular price!).

14. tfire

tfire Member

BillyK, I think it was you that PM'ed me earlier today. If so, please send your e-mail address again - my message to you bounced.

15. Josh O

Josh O Member

Thanks everyone for the replies. Good thought on moving the ZVex up far enough so that I could anchor my foot at the bottom of the board. Have to measure out what I would really need, either the Jr. or the 2. Pro would be too big. Now power supplies! Another thread!!;)

16. todaystomorrow

todaystomorrow Member

i have an original pedaltrain and use a Fuzz Probe with no problem......i have it at the front of my board.....i find the angle of the board works well with the probe....esp leaving my heal on the floor

17. msp

msp Member

i use the pro model and have been verry impressed

i especially enjoy the wheels on the bottom of the hardshell case

verry handy...............good design all the way around

18. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

I have one of the original pedaltrain boards, and it's been all over the country, with no problems...zip tie the wires underneath the rails...Great case for it as well:) :) :)

19. HHB

HHB Member

Love my Pedaltrain, got it for $99 on a MF blowout and would have paid twice that now that I've had it for a few years. I do a gig bag on the back, amp in one hand and PT case in the other for my casuals, it's fantastic

20. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Member

I have the original and love it. I bought it from a TGPer and have no desire for another brand of board...