Who has the Lunar Module Mini Deluxe?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jmaster67, Feb 6, 2012.

1. jmaster67

jmaster67 Member

Is it worth the upgrade?

2. pete692

pete692 Silver Supporting Member

If space is a consideration, yes. If you currently have an original standard with the trimpots on the side, yes.

3. jmaster67

jmaster67 Member

I never messed with the trimpots on my LM because I liked the sound so much and I don't like messing with trimpots. As knobs, I'll tweak them.
    Can you get a little splattier sound with them?

4. pete692

pete692 Silver Supporting Member

yes, more or less splat is possible.

5. Whiskey N Beans

Whiskey N Beans Supporting Member

I have the SD Mini Dlx. I would not want to not have control over the brilliance and sharpness controls. There are so many usable sounds in Skreddy's boxes (and no unusable ones) that I think the lack of access to the trimmers is a little too limiting.

That said, if you have a Deluxe or an original standard you don't care to tweak, I'd get something else first. If you don't have any other pedal needs, want the convenience, have the cash, etc. ... make the decision and upgrade.

If you're asking do the new ones SOUND any better, I doubt it. I think you'll do just fine with your std. module or large-box deluxe. In that regard, what ARE you asking?

6. jmaster67

jmaster67 Member

Just trying to expand my tonal options fuzzwise without having to have two fuzzes on my board.

7. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

If you get a deluxe model, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Seriously, I LOVE both the SD deluxe and LM deluxe. You can't go wrong with either!

8. rico1204

rico1204 Member

I am so in lurve with this pedal. I agree with the others that the addition of the Brite and Range as knobs makes it so easy to tweak, thereby adding to its versatility.