Who has two pedalboards?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Uchison, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Uchison

Uchison Supporting Member

I recently redid my pedalboard. Major upgrade with a Pedaltrain2.
    Thinking of making a second board as I have enough pedals to do that. (enough dirt pedals mostly...)
    Wondering if there are more people in this comfortable situation...:angel

2. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

i dont have two board full of pedal but i have two board which i can put pedals on. for for my old full rig (11 pedal, two power units) and a smaller when i only need 6 or 7 "boss sized" effects and a power supply. i would love to have that many pedals (im working towards it) but some pedals i cant get here in england or have the money for now.

3. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I have two currently, one cheapo (Boss) that I actually started liking a lot, and the other a homemade one that is my "main board".

I have two because I am in two bands, one is a blues band I play rythm and lead, but it is a 6 man band, and it is blues so I have specific needs with that, the other band is a three-man blues, Hendrixy, etc. type of band in for that I need differents sets of pedals.

But, there are a few common pedals for each...so I ended up having to bu two (which is okay, as if I like them so much I want them in both situations, then it is nice knowing I have a backup).

Not quite sure what you are asking about though, I mean, we all know there are folks on this forum with two or even more pedalboards.

The outlay doesn't have to be that much actually. Good patch cables...

4. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Yep one for gigging and the other for home (or last minute gigs). My main ingrediants are a Lovepedal Eternity on each board for my main dirt and a delay and compressor.

Cool thing is, I'm blessed enough to have another 11 pedals that don't fit (or I don't use) on these two boards. But as you guy's will most cirtainly agree, there's a use for every last one...:AOK

5. cvansickle

cvansickle Member

I have two, and for the same reason as Uchison. I have too many good "retired" pedals and it's a sin not to use them somehow, so I went ahead and bought another Pedal Power and built a second board. I had the smaller case from back in the 80s, an Ibanez item that was designed originally for six pedals (yeah, like who uses only six, right? ;) ).

This is the baby:
    [​IMG]

This is the big one:
    [​IMG]

They're both somewhere in that vast Show Your Pedalboard thread, but here they are again. I like to show them!

6. Thazy

Thazy Member

I do only because I have two different amps that require different types of pedals, ex. OD's. One board for my clean amp, one board for my not-so-clean amp. The only thing both boards have in common is the tuner. I have a few stand alone pedals that I can grab that are not currently on either board.

7. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I am going to build a smaller more portable board to compliment my big board. It'll have just a tuner, wah, RC Boost and Blackstone. (that's the "core" of what I built my big board around).

I'll just be using the same pedals from the big board.

8. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I am running two pedalboards plus an E-H pedal gig bag... only problem is I'm short on cables...soon. It's funny as hell everytime I look at the floor- I feel like the guy in friggin' Sonic Youth... but it's cool.

9. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Here's my current setup...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brian

10. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

how do you like the ring stinger? Im looking to add one to my rig of so far only one lovetone product (meatball) and I think together theyd makre crazy sounds. oh yea, I think i will be making a 2nd pedalboard for my "crappy" pedals and one for my "boutique" pedals. I think it'll work out good, use the crappy one for gigs and stuff, and boutique for recording and home use. my "crappy" pedalboard wouldnt be that crappy though, and would consist of my nyc Big Muff, Vox tonebender, Ibanez ts808ri, RAT, evh Phase 90, CE-5 chorus, DL4, and an ibanez WH-10 wah. Boutique/good would consist of: Fuzz Factory, Super duper 2 in 1, Diamon memory lane, Lovetone Meatball, Moog MuRF, Echoczar & angelbaby & powerglide (being made), skreddy mayo (being made/shipped), keeley comp. (in mail), & Digitech whammy (on current PB)...quite a bit of stuff, but nothing compared to some of the ones on here. What do you guys think of the Lovepedal eternity? I want to get one in the custom sunburst colour and have heard good things about them, and the Zendrive 2, I will probably order one today cause I like them. man, I need a second PP2+ lol, or a dunlop brick, whats the main diff. besides the price?

11. NyteOwl

NyteOwl Member

I've been using two boards for a while. My core pieces are a Boss NS-2 & CS-3, a Mosferatu, a tuner, and a volume pedal. My mini board has just an NS-2, CS-3 & Mos on it and I run a Boss TU-2 & Ernie Ball volume pedal outboard. I use it at rehearsals, the open mic my band hosts and sometimes when I attend other jams. My gigging board adds an onboard Peterson StroboStomp, ZenDrive and Boss DD-3 to the core pedals and I run the same volume pedal outboard.

An aside to cvansickle: That's a nice looking pair of boards; very well thought out.

12. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Crazy and weird, indeed.

Please post a new thread for your DC Brick questions, so as not to derail this one - thanks (and we already know all the gear you have/are getting in the mail, no need to repeatedly list it in EVERY thread you post in! - this is beginning to smell like the HC forums...).

13. golgonooza

golgonooza Member

Multiple boards are something of a necessity: I use a larger board for home use or recording (a real pain in the arse to move about, though), a much smaller board for performance, and now a very small gig bag/ board for spontaneous/ on the run endeavors. I share your lack of cable problems, nashvillesteve - I'm constantly short - but it, of necessity, makes pedal choice/ swapping pedals around that much easier.

+1 nice boards, cvansickle, very cool indeed!

14. Uchison

Uchison Supporting Member

Ok that's good to know. I was already thinking that I have too many pedals I don't use..:jo That's why I figured I should make a second pedalboard. Could be really handy with all the bands I'm playing in. Ranging from R'nB to Blues to Carribean music...:RoCkIn
    The only pedal I'll need to complete a second board is a delay pedal. Already started a thread on that one.
    I would make the second board with only 9V pedals to make it easy for travelling. Main reason for a second board. Anyone else does this?
    Especially dirt pedals are kind of difficult. When you travel you need to count on pedals that could work with any amp (sometimes even transistor amps:puh ).
    My main board has dirt pedlas that work great with my amps :dude (OCD, Eternity)
    So who knows this problem?

15. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Supporting Member

i'm also a fan of multiple boards. my home one spans three boards and is quite excessive. i do a lot of pedal comparisons, so this is essentially a running shootout to see which get used and which get sold.

for shows i have a small board of about 4-5 pedals ... only what i think i'd want for that situation.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

wow, kick ass boards, I wish I had all that gear!...how do you like the roger mayer vision wah? how does it compare to something like the RMC3 or fulltone clyde deluxe?...and which pete cornish is that?

17. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Just viewing this thread as I contemplate the 2nd board concept and there is the show-off again! I thought you had all this gear and a whole boat load coming as you like to tell us repeatedly. WHy don't you list your whole board again for the nineteenth time!!

18. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

http://img121.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img04142wn.jpg
    thats the gear that i currently have but ive got lots of stuff being made/on order/in the mail. Im havving a klon, echoczar, powerglide, angelbaby, mayo, tim, timmy, cot 50, eternity all being made for me at this time, and those all take months. So I will be adding those onto my pedal carpet. But anyways, to the point...I will be making a pedalboard for my boutique effects and one for my lower end effects like the CE-5, phase 90, big muff, etc... I cant wait to see the result, and the cheaper effects board will be my gig board and teh boutique forhome use/recording. Im going to have kevin from pumaboards build me one in black tolex with white racing stripes, white piping, black corners, chrome handles, mount underneath for PP2+, input, output jacks, and some other options, came to around $400 for everything and its the biggest board he/they make, I cant wait! and hes a realy nice guy!

19. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

In the immortal words of Walter Mondale: There he goes again!!! Dude, seriously, why do you have to tell us about the entire contents of your board and what is in the mail every time you post? You seem to be a braggart little kid who is not a pro or even pro level player so who really cares what is in the mail. Maybe the mail truck will overturn on the turnpike and burst into flames!!! LOL

20. radcliff

radcliff Member

Wow, that is so cool. Man, I bet it will sound awesome. What are you going to be putting on that board? Could you list all of it? I'm interested. What do you think are the pros and cons of each pedal you're putting on, and with the new stuff being made for you, what do you think will go, and what will stay. This is important important stuff, and I need details from you, Markom. Also, why did you settle for a Puma? Do you think this new rig will be big enough for what you have in mind, you gotta consider that. A friend of mine just ordered an even bigger board from this new boutique maker, guy doesn't even have a website, you have to send him a telegram and a grand, in cash. It's a limited run, but it will be the sweetest sounding board evar. What do you think? Cool!