Who has worked at getting a 2 post to sound as good as vintage?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dazco, Feb 21, 2012.

1. dazco

dazco Member

Please please please don't turn this into a debate about whether a 2 post bridge sounds as good as a vintage 6 screw. Many of you believe they are as good or better tonally, i get that. But it's not what i need to know. I already have a opinion on this and all i want to do with this post is get an answer to my question, so i'm begging please don't ruin it for me by turning it into a debate. Thanks you in advance.

I want to get answers only from those who like me find a big difference between the 2 and have tried to resolve the issue one way or another. Whether it be modding the guitar to a vintage or doing something to the 2 post to improve it so the difference is minimal, or even replacing it with a better sounding 2 post. The deal is this...i've been looking for a ash/maple strat for months and i cannot find exactly what i want. theres always something that doesn't fit what i'm looking for. But the other day i found a '05 or '08 deluxe that ticks every box so perfectly i know i will never find another i like as much. That is, except the bridge. In fact, i had a deluxe tho alder rosewood a few years back and sold it because of the sound that bridge imparts. So i'm hoping someone can offer up a solution that worked for them before this thing is sold. Even the weight is exacly what i wanted. No other i've pickup up was this light. So again, please, just responses to my question and please lets not debate the whole mod vs vintage thing. Thanks

2. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

Some say the Gotoh 510TS-SF1 with its bigger posts sounds as good or better than a 6-screw. You could also try a Bladerunner.

3. dazco

dazco Member

Thanks. Yeah, i looked at that bladerunner and i'm keeping that option open. But i'll check out that gotoh now, thanks.

4. analogsystem

analogsystem Member

Fill the 2 post holes and drill for a 6 screw?

5. dazco

dazco Member

Of course that was my first thought, but also the least desirable. Not sure i'd buy the guitar knowing i have to do that. I've done it in the past, but it's a pain.

6. jazzrat

jazzrat Member

I put the Callaham upgrade kit on my AmDlx V-neck. Opened up the tone and compares very favorably with my EJ.

[​IMG]

7. modernp

modernp Member

Funny I always put a wilkinson 2 point on my strats. Way better tone and sustain in my opinion.

8. ianb

ianb Member

If the Gotoh 510TS-SF1 is good enough for Suhr, it's good enough for me. No tuning problems, and sounds terrific.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  9. dazco

dazco Member

No matter anymore....it sold already. :cry: