Who here has swapped pickups on their G&L Legacy?

Presc

If you have, I have the following questions:

1: Why did you do it?
2: What did you change to?
3: As best you can, how can you DESCRIBE the change?

I am just curious. I like how mine sounds, but it's one of those things where you never know until you try it...particularly since the stock G&L Alnicos are not really something you see installed in the aftermarket, so there's no way of telling how they compare to other single coil pickups. But I'm curious about how you guys have swapped have felt about the G&L pickups and how they compare.

Because this is a guitar forum and we like pictures:

jazzrat

I put a Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Solo in my Legacy. I was after a little fatter, warmer bridge tone. It sounded great and blended well with the stock neck and middle pickups. In the end though I went back to the stock pickup and I'm very happy with it. I think the stock alnicos are fine pickups.

Bo Faulkner

Mine ended up with a hodgepodge.. SD nashville studio bridge, stock middle, and rio grande tallboy neck. Shoulda kept that guitar. If anybody sees it let me know (sea foam green 3 bolt neck with white plastic

Presc

Thanks guys. I'm mostly interested in the qualitative - not WHAT you changed to as much as WHY you changed. Because you do see a fair amount of people who swapped. But I don't hear much about what kind of change the swap made.

FWIW, I think the stockers are good too. Was just playing mine into my DRRI today with a bit of clean and germanium boost. Wonderful! But there's good and then there's better, you know?

Trending Topics