Who is the JM Rolph of Tele pickups

RhytmEarl

@hogy and others... Who does vintage Tele pickups like JM Rolph does Strat pickups?

EDIT: I'm asking about both rewinds and replacements (new). I understand that might get two different answers.

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
hmm, i googled JM Rolph and got a website with links that didn't work and the email address returned with a 'permanent error'. How do you contact him?

sickboy79

Don Mare and Fralin come to mind. I would also HIGHLY recommend Manlius pickups. His Broadcaster set is second to none, IMO.

ripgtr

hmm, i googled JM Rolph and got a website with links that didn't work and the email address returned with a 'permanent error'. How do you contact him?
The website has a phone number on it. Call him. Set aside at least an hour. :)
I just popped out the Mare's in my strat to try the Rolph's. Both are great, I had the Mare's in for 7-8 years, I'm going to enjoy the Rolph's for a while. From what I heard at rehearsal Sunday, they are going to stay in a while. I have Mare's in my teles and feel no need to change them, but if I was looking for something else to try, I'd be looking at Rolph's
Both do great work.

Oh, and I pm'd Hogy and then called him, he got the Rolph's ordered for me. Got them in just under a month.

JackD

Platinum Supporting Member
I was with a friend a month ago when his pickups arrived from Jim (Rolph). He's still making them :)

I have OC duff buckaroos which are damn great in a classic vibe white guard custom telecaster and rumplestiltskin black ropes in a classic vibe black guard tele. They're both to die for. I just gave my guitar tech my 63 JM Rolph strat pickups that i got from @hogy . I also have don mare pickups but not tele pickups but my super sports are damn good. You really can't lose with any of these guys.

SBlue

Gold Supporting Member
If it's a PAF, Tele, Strat or P-90, from the 50's or 60's, Jim Rolph has been my choice since the year 2000.
There are a lot of builders making amazing pickups out there, but every time as want something that is as close as possible to the 50s and 60s classics, Jim Rolph is the one that stayed on the guitars.

Trending Topics